Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-19-2024, 01:28 PM   #31
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Yeah, if the FF can?t figure it out this time around then I think they should just stop trying. Maybe they?re a little too corny to pull off on screen? I think he?s a good choice to play Reed, we know he can do drama and action scenes?but it?s hard to picture the plasticity stuff working at this point unless they really go all out. I?m hopeful for the Thing actor pulling it off.
Michael Chiklas was a great Ben Grimm.

He had the presence and personality.

In my opinion.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:09 PM   #32
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Michael Chiklas was a great Ben Grimm.

He had the presence and personality.

In my opinion.
Agreed, he did a great job. He was easily the highlight of those movies.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:21 PM   #33
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Agreed, he did a great job. He was easily the highlight of those movies.
agreed.

that and just looking at eye candy Alba.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:00 PM   #34
VintageDisney
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Sideshow used to do a lot of great premium formats for pop culture movies.

Now they just mostly focus on off putting artist interpretations of comic book characters
VintageDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 08:40 PM   #35
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I refuse to believe at least Human Torch wouldn?t make a cool statue, like any other character, if done well. It really depends on the execution.
Yeah man Torch is the exception but not really because people on fire is always an eye catcher. Maybe not with a giant 4 on their chest. But again that is 1 of the 4. Sideshow has done a good bit of Thing but the other 2 in those classic blue outfits would be a tough sell and most who would care without a big movie following would want the all 4 to bite on any 1 of them.

Quote:
Yeah, if the FF can?t figure it out this time around then I think they should just stop trying. Maybe they?re a little too corny to pull off on screen? I think he?s a good choice to play Reed, we know he can do drama and action scenes?but it?s hard to picture the plasticity stuff working at this point unless they really go all out. I?m hopeful for the Thing actor pulling it off.
Unfortunately I think the FF have just missed the bus. Could have been excellent leading up to Infinity War but MCU 2.0 with Kang and all this other nonsense is not going to go any better than Secret Wars 2 or the real Infinity War/Crusade.

I know it was rights/licensing but the interest from the mainstream public has simply waned for comicdom as steep as the Fantastic Four. With post Covid theater attendance and streaming losing steam the days of Ant-man type stuff getting 2 movies have long since cooled.

They'll probably go for the easy idea with Silver Surfer and Galactus but man on the big screen there's a million ways that can go totally dork sideways.
Stuff this comicy needs the help of some sexy movie star personalty ensembles but most of those have left the MCU, none of this FF cast has it, and heck none of the characters really do either.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 08:26 AM   #36
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

When seeing the title for this thread, it almost blew my head. FF long overdue, along with some villains to round out the crew.

- The Thing, in clobbering time mode, clenched fist, full swing. Mean and massive,......................no smiles.

- Torch, in a spiralling flight pose, flame on, with a fantastic light-up to bring it all home.

- As for Richards & Sue? Maybe a couple dio to complete the team/crew?

Make it so Sideshow.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:50 AM   #37
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
When seeing the title for this thread, it almost blew my head. FF long overdue, along with some villains to round out the crew.

- The Thing, in clobbering time mode, clenched fist, full swing. Mean and massive,......................no smiles.

- Torch, in a spiralling flight pose, flame on, with a fantastic light-up to bring it all home.

- As for Richards & Sue? Maybe a couple dio to complete the team/crew?

Make it so Sideshow.
I didn't even think of this as an idea to go along with what Sideshow has been doing recently with:

Batman/Catwoman
Superman/Lois
Gambit/Rogue (tease art)

So yea.........maybe they will go back and fourth between DC and then Marvel.

So if they've already done two DC and Gambit/Rogue is up next.......

Maybe a Reed and Sue Richards could be next especially as these two have had close to minimal SS representation in the past aside from the Sue comiquette and the smaller diorama of the 4 of them way back in the day.....

Could be cool!!!!!!

Reed wrapped around Sue lovingly.