Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 05-27-2005, 11:33 PM   #21
Primal
Batman

Figured I'd give my Sunfire a break while Star Wars mania is going around. Speaking of which...just got back from watching it again. although I'm nowhere near Galactus' viewing schedule.
I like ur Nightmare Mad...Enjoyed him when he was fighting Ghost Rider in the early 90s.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:48 PM   #22
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman256
I noticed your avatar change too, MJ. Why Nightmare? Are you lobbying to get him busted?
I'd love to see Nightmare get busted along with Dormammu. Those are the best two villains from the Doctor Strange mythos and are visually interesting. Baron Mordo was also a good villain, but I don't think the market that is not familiar with him would find a sculpt appealing enough to warrant producing him at this time.

I still haven't given up on Bi-Beast either. It seems like we need to educate some of the newer collectors on who some of these older characters are, so I'll periodically change to have an excuse to talk about some of them.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:23 PM   #23
bruin218
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman256
Here's another installment of Cool Comic Collectibles:

This time it's for 2 toys.

1st is a Ben Cooper Rubber Spider-Man figure from 1974. This bad boy is in mint including the elastic string & tag!
This piece is extremely important to me because it was one of my favorite toys as a kid. I found this on ebay several years ago and had to have it!

For those not familiar with Ben Cooper, he was a Brooklyn based business famous for those Halloween costumes we all wore as kids. Y'know the kind with the plastic mask & cloth or plastic outfit (depending on how old you are!).

This fig is about 6 inches tall. I remember there being a Superman and Batman too.
I had this as a kid and was very fond of it. I had totally forgotten about this. Nice eBay find! Now I'll have to go out and find one too!
bruin218 is offline   Reply With Quote