Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thanks Bulls. I am starting to get revved about this. Knew nothing.

Makes me want to watch them all again.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #12
johnclone
The Enchantress

Live Space Jockey! Sounds intriguing!

Does anyone know if Prometheus is supposed to be the name of a ship?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #13
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Probably.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'd say it's a safe bet "Prometheus" is either a ship or a Teraforming base/project.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #15
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'd say it's a safe bet "Prometheus" is either a ship or a Teraforming base/project.
You might be right about the teraforming project. I was reading about the Prometheus mythology and it's really fascinating, especially when you try to relate it to what we know about this movie so far. Here's a link for anyone who's interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:30 AM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
You might be right about the teraforming project. I was reading about the Prometheus mythology and it's really fascinating, especially when you try to relate it to what we know about this movie so far. Here's a link for anyone who's interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus
Interesting read.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Was just reading in SFX they are scheduled for a June 2012 release and Scott is pushing for an R rating.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Was just reading in SFX they are scheduled for a June 2012 release and Scott is pushing for an R rating.
I hope he gets it because I think its necessary here. FOX will most likely push back for a PG-13 rating though. IMO the freedom to make an R rated film should have been finalized before he even committed to the project.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Agreed.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #20
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow UPDATE

Source: ALIEN Prequel News

Quote:
A source who says he's currently working at Pinewood Studios sent me an email today revealing some very juicy details regarding Prometheus. Surely with a few hundred people working at Pinewood every day it can't be easy for Sir Ridley and team to keep everything entirely under wraps.

I've made a few checks on this source and the story and it all seems pretty trustworthy to me, so please take this news as you wish.

First of all, this source managed to come across a call sheet which was for filming between April 6th - 8th. The call sheet was for the S Stage at Pinewood, where apparently the bridge of the Prometheus was being filmed. Which confirms that the ship is indeed named Prometheus as previously speculated. On this call sheet were the following names:

Charlize Theron - Vickers
Idris Elba - Janek
Emun Elliot - Chance
Benedict Wong - Ravel

Emun Elliot is previously known from TV series Lip Service, and Benedict Wong is probably better known having played in movies such as Sunshine, Moon, Dirty Pretty Things and Spy Game.

To back this story up, Wong's twitter feed on March 22nd (the day after Prometheus began shooting) secretly confirms his involvement in Prometheus.
"prometheus........boom!"
And here's the most interesting news, I've left for last:
"Though security on the set is very tight with the good weather, dock doors have been open and cast and crew have been enjoying lunch outdoors.
I can confirm seeing 3 aliens having lunch. Not the whole costume but blueish costumes and the unmistakable heads hanging around their shoulders"

I asked the source to elaborate some more on the look of the aliens, and their resemblance to the aliens from the original Alien movies:
"The alien heads were the same shape but no markings, only a plane bronze colour. As for the suits black boots and shoulder pads the rest was a Chelsea blue body suit could be for SFX, all the sets around the back of the bond stage have huge green chromokey maybe that's a clue.
I have witnessed foam cut outs of unmistakable aliens all cut in half lengh ways so they could be in the floor walls etc and very much from the original film."

My informant also managed to take a look at the Bond stage, where according to previous rumors the Space Jockey's space craft has been built. And his impression pretty much backs this rumor up:
"I managed to enter the bond stage one weekend when no filming was sheduled all I can say is there is a very very long tunnel that leads to an enormous structure at the back of the stage which is the same height as the stage and probably extends out another 200 ft.
All of these sets are surrounded by wood foam and scaffold so sid not see inside, I think this is were the Space Jockey set is."

[UPDATE]: Emun Elliot is also now confirmed. According to his agency's website he is indeed playing a character named Chance in Prometheus. Thanks to Darren for this tip.