Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #81
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
If it were just a few people I might agree with you, even considering that I myself am one of those who remember it and am absolutely certain of it. But instead there are dozens of people on many different and unrelated boards who remember it clearly and all the exact same way. None of whom have ever met or discussed it.

I was 16 when I saw it and certainly wasn't a little kid. The idea that a serious fan site would just put some urban legend on when they have so much other research and info on it would also really surprise me.
You were also certain Bill Paxton wasn't in "The Terminator" too... but people are wrong all the time. Even the ones who don't like to be wrong.

Now please, someone prove me wrong and come up with solid evidence that this scene ever existed
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #82
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
You were also certain Bill Paxton wasn't in "The Terminator" too... but people are wrong all the time. Even the ones who don't like to be wrong.

Now please, someone prove me wrong and come up with solid evidence that this scene ever existed
More importantly, Bill Paxton was a NAZI radio operator in a Pat Benatar video. He even learned some German for the "role". LOL

http://youtu.be/TZLxptiiEkc
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #83
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post

LOL, I already said if it was just me or a few people I would think so.

Here is an idea, why don't you try to make something up about a movie, whatever it is doesn't matter. Then go to a bunch of unrelated discussion boards and see if you can get dozens of people who have never met to "misremember" it. I bet you can't.

And NOT remembering Bill Paxton in a bit part is not at all the same thing. Not remembering an actor in a bit part is an entirely different thing from "false remembering". By your logic anyone who has ever forgotten or not noticed the smallest detail in a movie could never say whether or not a scene existed.

If you can get dozens of people on Freaks board, here, and the specialized fan sites of whatever movie you want to plant the seed to remember and swear they saw something that never existed and you made up then I will buy into your theory that we are all just involved in mass hysteria memory style.

And I did produce a fan site that specifically references it. Not good enough for you I know but a site that devotes itself to the film and interviewing people involved in the film and other well researched things would certainly not post some imaginary scene. Again, if you can get a similar site to do it based on something you make up I will buy it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #84
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:

Here is an idea, why don't you try to make something up about a movie, whatever it is doesn't matter. Then go to a bunch of unrelated discussion boards and see if you can get dozens of people who have never met to "misremember" it. I bet you can't.

And NOT remembering Bill Paxton in a bit part is not at all the same thing. Not remembering an actor in a bit part is an entirely different thing from "false remembering". By your logic anyone who has ever forgotten or not noticed the smallest detail in a movie could never say whether or not a scene existed.

If you can get dozens of people on Freaks board, here, and the specialized fan sites of whatever movie you want to plant the seed to remember and swear they saw something that never existed and you made up then I will buy into your theory that we are all just involved in mass hysteria memory style.

And I did produce a fan site that specifically references it. Not good enough for you I know but a site that devotes itself to the film and interviewing people involved in the film and other well researched things would certainly not post some imaginary scene. Again, if you can get a similar site to do it based on something you make up I will buy it.
Pffft - I have already been doing this for years. Just google "Marky Mark make out scene with own brother in the Sixth Sense" and you will see what I mean...
Old 12-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #85
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:

Well it's kind of been done already.

People think Bogart said "Play it again Sam" in Casablanca. He never said it.

People think that Captain Kirk said "Beam me up Scotty". He never said it on the original series, not once. Later it was put into one of the films just so he could actually say it.

Somehow these things get started and they sort of have a life of their own.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:26 AM   #86
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Well it's kind of been done already.

People think Bogart said "Play it again Sam" in Casablanca. He never said it.

People think that Captain Kirk said "Beam me up Scotty". He never said it on the original series, not once. Later it was put into one of the films just so he could actually say it.

Somehow these things get started and they sort of have a life of their own.
Excellent point - this kind of things happens all the time - with some of the most popular movies.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:05 AM   #87
justtodothis
Doh!

I remember that ending in the theater in when it first came out in the midwest (Springfield Illinois) whenever it originally came out... and also when it made it's TV debut... I may have watched it on HBO/Cinemax/cable in 1984 when it made it's cable TV debut when I still lived in Illinois... then I remember watching it when it made it's "network television" debut when living in California... this was in 1986 on September 28 according to info online... it also came out on VHS in 1983 but we didn't get a VHS player until 1985 and I'm sure we rented it soon after. So anyone claiming to know something about the original ending should have been above age 10 when it first came out in theaters (or else you probably won't have a good memory of the ending) where the letters of the box were actually burned off to give the view the idea that the ark was lost in the warehouse forever due to not having a label on the box... Also you have to have a first generation VHS copy of it... and also check the 1986 ABC television debut ending and also check the HBO/Cinemax/cable TV ending... probably very few people who saw the original ending as adults are on forums and the GenX who might be on a forum might not remember... they might have also had different endings for different regions of the USA and world... but for 100% sure the ending I saw multiple times was of the letters being burned off the box at the end... no doubt about it.
justtodothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 03:23 AM   #88
qz33
Doctor Doom

Mandela Effect
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote