Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
she had to eventually see it...I thought it would have happened a few seasons ago. How long can Dexter keep getting away with things and how many killers can just mysteriously "disappear" in Miami?
Yeah that is a lot of missing killers
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #12
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Even if the series end I bet they will keep milking the franchise. They might make a movie after series ended for example. Dexter versus Jack the Ripper.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanchuck View Post
Deb is not going to let it go , I hate she saw it

Deb vs Dex has to be season 8

P.S. The FBI agent from Chuck (the lovely Yvonne S.) is going to be a somewhat regular this season too so that's great news.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanchuck View Post
Yeah that is a lot of missing killers
Which is why I thought Maria complaining that they needed to solve the killing last season was important for their numbers, that damn station must have like a 10% solve rate and thousands of open cases that they seem to ignore at the beginning of every new season....or are they still wasting tax dollars "searching" for Jordan chase and his guys
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Deb vs Dex has to be season 8

P.S. The FBI agent from Chuck (the lovely Yvonne S.) is going to be a somewhat regular this season too so that's great news.
InterestingAlthough I don't think she's nowhere near a better killer then Dex I believe if it came down to it Dex would let Deb kill him

Old 10-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #16
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Which is why I thought Maria complaining that they needed to solve the killing last season was important for their numbers, that damn station must have like a 10% solve rate and thousands of open cases that they seem to ignore at the beginning of every new season....or are they still wasting tax dollars "searching" for Jordan chase and his guys
Yeah I wonder which killers Dex decides to kill and which ones he leaves for the department to solve
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #17
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

mike probably had to die because hes on SOA now, lol. you guys should read the books. Jeff Lindsay has written maybe 6 dexter novels. the show is based on the books. from my knowledge of the books and the show, im going to guess that laguerta dies this season. she died in the first book and brian escaped. i think the dexter/deb relationship will eventually lead to a team up of some sort. deb found out dexter was a serial killer about 2 novels ago, was kind of waiting for that to happen on the show. i recently bought the last novel but have yet to read it. all available in paperback btw.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
mike probably had to die because hes on SOA now, lol. you guys should read the books. Jeff Lindsay has written maybe 6 dexter novels. the show is based on the books. from my knowledge of the books and the show, im going to guess that laguerta dies this season. she died in the first book and brian escaped. i think the dexter/deb relationship will eventually lead to a team up of some sort. deb found out dexter was a serial killer about 2 novels ago, was kind of waiting for that to happen on the show. i recently bought the last novel but have yet to read it. all available in paperback btw.
I doubt everyone's read the books. I haven't. Might want to keep book spoilers out if the thread.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
MrYac
Hercules

from what i've heard the series is as far from the books as possible, i remember awhile back reading from somebody that the books eventually decided to go with a more super natural route and make the "dark passanger" an actual demonic entity or something dumb like that, so as lame as the show has become i think i'll stick with that
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

i guess i didnt relay the connection correctly. the show is based on the character from the books. the show and books are VERY VERY different. thats why i love the books so much. usually, they drop right after seasons end and its like getting another whole season. ryan, i really enjoy the "dark passenger" references. its basically just the alternate serial killer dexter. i wont say anymore about the books. you should check em out, though.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote