Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
This is a conversation I was having elsewhere.

Let's say a movie has been out for 10 years and you, in the midst of conversation, ruin the twist to said movie that the other person has not seen.

Does the person who hasn't seen the movie have a right to be angry?
Honestly 10 years is a long time and I don't know the context of your conversation. But I have pages of movies and TV shows that I haven't seen. Many with twists I assume. I have videogames, comics, books, and other stuff too. Plus, many times when I watch a movie if it's good I like to see it multiple times.

I think the courteous thing when talking to someone you know or otherwise about movies (or anything else) is first to ask if they've seen it. If not don't spoil it. Just say it's good and leave it at that. It's hard enough to avoid spoilers on the Internet and TV. But having a person come up and say for example have you seen X2? The other person says no. You say, it's good and this happens in it. That's bad to me. Even after 10 years.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
ratchet
Mandarin

We were discussing the ocean and how my friend, just last week, was rescuing a beached whale. I said to him: SPOILER COMING:

"Why didn't you get on the thing and ride it back into the ocean like in Whale Rider"

My friend got all upset stating he didn't see that movie and always wanted to and how I have now ruined it for him.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thats a ridiculous expectation. Not really that big a spoiler either.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #14
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
We were discussing the ocean and how my friend, just last week, was rescuing a beached whale. I said to him: SPOILER COMING:

"Why didn't you get on the thing and ride it back into the ocean like in Whale Rider"

My friend got all upset stating he didn't see that movie and always wanted to and how I have now ruined it for him.
I've never seen Whale Rider! But it's not on my list either...
Old 05-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
Marvelito

It can't be a spoiler if it's in the title!!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
It can't be a spoiler if it's in the title!!
exactly.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I think the courteous thing when talking to someone you know or otherwise about movies (or anything else) is first to ask if they've seen it. If not don't spoil it. Just say it's good and leave it at that. It's hard enough to avoid spoilers on the Internet and TV. But having a person come up and say for example have you seen X2? The other person says no. You say, it's good and this happens in it. That's bad to me. Even after 10 years.
i'm sorry but that is INSANE, so i'm supposed to ask everybody in earshot if they've seen a particular movie even if it's years old? forget that crap. if you don't know that Quint gets eaten or that Luke is Vader's son by now then you didn't give enough of a crap to ever see the movie so i'm not going to live my life on eggshells just in case
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i'm sorry but that is INSANE, so i'm supposed to ask everybody in earshot if they've seen a particular movie even if it's years old? forget that crap. if you don't know that Quint gets eaten or that Luke is Vader's son by now then you didn't give enough of a crap to ever see the movie so i'm not going to live my life on eggshells just in case
Wait....Vader is Luke's father? No...that's not true...that's impossible!
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #19
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
It's called being polite to people in your surroundings. Especially if you are in a movie theater. What if during the prequels, parents were with their children and you were going around saying "this kid will be Darth Vader and Obi-Wan will fight him in a volcano." Just maybe many kids didn't know that.

And yes you just spoiled Jaws for me. I barely remember seeing the movie and was going to watch it again blank. I guess I'll wait another few years now.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Imagine the dust you'd stir up with this shirt.

SPOILER WARNING!!

turn back now.....

seriously... you've been warned.