Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2015, 08:17 AM   #521
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Yup, and for a lot of people, space is an issue. So they need to display all sorts of stuff on the same shelve or in the same cabinet.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #522
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
As a collector of 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, and 1/10, the solution is displaying like with like. Put that Kratos with other 1/5 scale statues like Dead Space's Isaac Clarke and they both look amazing. Even have him by himself and it's gravy.

If you want the God of War to lose his presence, then of course place him side-by-side with a 1/4 Red Sonja or bigger. The same thing would happen to a 1/4 Iron Man if you placed him next to a couple Legendary Scale statues.

My point is that pic doesn't illustrate a real problem to me - just an issue with layout. Unless you've got only one compartment for your statues, then things might get problematic.
Gomur if you look at the pic...you see the GoW statue Kratos take up just as much real estate as the 1/4. The Diablo Overthrown took up just as much real estate as Skaar PF. That's why I don't think it is much of a difference with space saving.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #523
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Gomur if you look at the pic...you see the GoW statue Kratos take up just as much real estate as the 1/4. The Diablo Overthrown took up just as much real estate as Skaar PF. That's why I don't think it is much of a difference with space saving.
You don't seem to be taking height into account. A lot of PFs don't fit on most shelves and have even begun outgrowing the beloved BESTA. Yes there are tall 1/5 statues out there (Boba Fett Mythos w/ rifle), but for the most part they simply allow more options for display than 1/4 scale statues do.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #524
SDguy

I agree that scale is not an issue... I have everything from 1:3 to god only knows how tiny my Revoltech Evangelion figures are. Just display with the like (PS - mixing unrelated figures bothers me more than scale, but that's just me). I look forward to these pieces, if for no other reason than to make Evil Lynn happen!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #525
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I agree with Luminous on this, Loricstone. There is a big difference in space-consumption even if it's not clear in that pic. Vertically obviously. You don't need as much shelf clearance.

Also, that compartment - just limiting it to what we see on the photo - would store 4 PFs snugly. It should be able to accommodate 7-8 comiquettes. The space saving goes all around the piece not just the 2D effect of the image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I agree that scale is not an issue... I have everything from 1:3 to god only knows how tiny my Revoltech Evangelion figures are. Just display with the like (PS - mixing unrelated figures bothers me more than scale, but that's just me). I look forward to these pieces, if for no other reason than to make Evil Lynn happen!
Lol. Evil-Lyn. Teela. Sorceress. She-Ra. Then mic drop "I'm outta here!"
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:48 PM   #526
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

Bottom line.

If it looks good. I'll make room.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #527
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I

Lol. Evil-Lyn. Teela. Sorceress. She-Ra. Then mic drop "I'm outta here!"
lol
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:54 AM   #528
moviemonster
Justice League

I might have missed it in an earlier post but does anyone else think that the face on Skeletors belt is Hordak?
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:34 AM   #529
supermn619
The X-Men

This is such a sick line!!!!! I can't wait
supermn619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:51 AM   #530
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I don't have anything against 1/5 scale per say. There are some amazing 1/5 scale pieces. But as someone with a 1/4 collection, I find that 1/5 scale pieces really stick out for their inconsistent size. So at this stage I'm not planning to invest in any more 1/5 pieces for my collection. I guess I should be glad that Sideshow is planning to do more 1/5 scales then, because I have way too many PO's already, haha! This line looks absolutely amazing in terms of concept, sculpt, design, etc. But yeah, I have to start sticking to my rules.

This pic (not mine) sums up the problem I have with 1/5 scale pieces.

Wow Kratos looks so puny. I sold him a few months ago and no regrets. Kratos on the throne ex will take its place.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote