Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 AM   #221
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
This is the one they should have done

One of my all time favorites here. Bought the poster and still love his art style. This would be a dream we to own! P1 can we get this one next?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #222
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Wow her face is horrible. It looks like it's made of bad wax and half melting.
It's always helpful for me to see posts like this, because it reinforces just how wildly subjective taste is. From my perspective, I think the face is great, and it's hard for me to imaging somebody seeing it as "horrible."
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #223
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
It's always helpful for me to see posts like this, because it reinforces just how wildly subjective taste is. From my perspective, I think the face is great, and it's hard for me to imaging somebody seeing it as "horrible."
I think "horrible" is certainly a bit strong but I do think the portrait is lacking. It's very lifeless and blank. Perhaps the lighting, paints and materials used are playing a part but it seems to have lost something from the original render sneaked in my opinion.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #224
Spam Filter
The Herculoids

I find the whole thing lacking, I find it to be inferior in quality to a lot of what SS is doing. I mean compare this to Red Sonja and it's not even close in level of detail, muscle definition, etc.
Spam Filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:48 PM   #225
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
David Finch is one of my all-time favorite artists. I do agree with you that he draws his females with a very youthful face despite their actual age -- which made him perfect for Ultimate X-Men. However that can make it a hard facial sell on Diana who is clearly not a teenagers in her series (new 52 or otherwise).

I find that David's work on Batman might be some of his best. His Batman is easily in the top 5 of all-time looks and his Catwoman is age-appropriate in the face.

For this 1:4 WW, I want the pose and body style of the Finch reference art but the face of in the style of Ed Benes. That would be perfection.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #226
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
One of my all time favorites here. Bought the poster and still love his art style. This would be a dream we to own! P1 can we get this one next?
I had never seen this rendition of Wonder Woman before but I really like it! I'm with you 100% on this one!
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:27 AM   #227
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The head still looks off to me , even the hair sculpt has no sense in this movement and gives a weird feeling looking at this head . I hope prime 1 will do improvements on this one.
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #228
Derby
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
epic!
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #229
French Cancan
Deadman

My second disappointement with the catwoman. The face is not symmetric. If you draw a vertical line on the middle of the nose, the left part ( its right-hand side) is less wide than the right part.
P1 can fix that; I think...
Anyway, she seems like a pinup of the 50s climbing on a decoration set of peplos.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #230
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I think so far P1's whole 1/4 portraits line is subpar. Not saying its horrible, but surely not worth 7-750.

I will say GL's and Cyborgs are an improvement, but Supes, Flash and now WW are deal breakers. I'm just glad when Bats makes an appearance he's in a cowl, lol.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote