Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-04-2019, 02:59 AM   #291
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Vote with your wallet
Agreed. Thulsa was paid in full over a year ago so I'm sticking to that.

But Lifesize Robocop I am going to request a refund in full including NRD based on this history of delivering product and lack of faith that the revised headsculpt will be shown soon or even improved.
Too bad, I wanted it but you read my mind Clutch.

I am also boycotting the 1/6 Conan line if it ever gets made. Typically i buy all things Conan but i can not support whatever has gone wrong with Chronicle this past year.

I learned my lesson from PCS.

From here on my money will be spent on larger trusted companies like Prime 1. Sadly, this means I may miss out on Conan items in the future.

PS.
That cheap snake medallion promised to everyone, the one you can find on Ebay, if they expected this to ship a year ago, a month ago, 2 months ago, and they are casting them in house. Where is the teaser shot of all 100 medallions lined up on the bench ready for paint or after paint? Wouldn't they have teased these for us if they really existed? And wouldn't these have been done over a year ago? Fishy, fishy ,fishy.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #292
wolfius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

a (not-so) quick recap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I'm a little worried for Chronicle with this project to be honest. If they were only able to sell 300 KING CONANS, I think it will be a stretch to sell 75-100 Thulsa Doom statues around $600-$700.
01/27/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Thanks, the base is going to be cool. Thulsa is printing now.
03/17/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Wouldnt risk buying this until I saw inhand pics.
06/23/2017

Quote:
Moving forward we will no longer be carrying stock. We will only produce what is pre-ordered and announce the ES at some point. If that's 235, then it's 235. The ES for this piece is 500, but it will change after 60-90 days of pre-sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
They are using Toynami so I bet it will be nice.

I don't see what the risk would be on this. King Conan was immaculate. Some thought the face was too dark, but it matched the paint master perfectly.

Not much could go wrong with Tulsa. No skin tones, no dinosaur patterns, fairly monochromatic hue with solid colors and paint washes.
Day one PO for me. Maybe I will get lucky and receive #007 to match my King Conan.

Not to mention the 11 month turnaround on King Conan. That was epic.
6/30/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Scroll down.....

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2017/sdcc2017-chronicle.htm

Saw in person. It's great! Biting nails to hear what the price is.
07/20/2017

Quote:
Yes the sales have been slow on this piece and I assume it's because we don't have a JEJ version. At 300 units we couldn't justify the 25-30K payment just for the likeness rights. However it's his likeness with the helmet on, but it does obscure most of his face.

We were going to cancel this piece but the factory has agreed to only produce 100 units.

Not all of them have to big sellers, but I had high hopes for this piece, in person it's really spectacular and one of my favorite paint jobs.

King Conan has SOLD OUT, so I expect now that we have lowered the ES on the Thulsa the last 30 pieces will go fast.

Paul
1/10/2018

Quote:
The wait is killing me, should see this around the end of July.

It's big and complicated.

Paul
6/29/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Just checked CC's website.....it now states Q1/19....that is an annoying delay.
07/28/2018

Quote:
Ok, so I just visited the site. It has been pushed even further from Q1 to Q2. I'll admit, that makes me a bit sad.
08/28/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfius View Post
an official word on the delay would be nice. it went from "we should see this around the end of July" to pushed to Q1 '19, and now again to Q2. based on that estimate, i could pre-order it again today and pay for it in full on the 10-month plan before it hits.
08/28/2019

Quote:
Thulsa Doom is sold out on CCs website.
11/27/2018

Quote:
It was not shelved until it was sold out, we have shifted some production for the better and this piece is well on it's way and a lot of people will regret not getting this one.

Paul
11/29/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They just posted production pics on FB
5/9/2019

Quote:
Just announced on FB live, Doom is scheduled to ship sometime in July. (2019)
5/17/2019

Quote:
I hope that is just a conservative estimate and they are just trolling us. If it really ships in August, I will be extremely displeased.

How long can you use the excuse of "if pushing it back is what it takes to make the best piece then we will gladly take the heat"

I mean come on. Its 100 units, I'm not buying that excuse. What, are you adding robotics to it?

It's more like they had to cut a deal with the factory due to the low ES where the factory would squeeze it in when they can at a lower price.

Do we still get the snake medallion? That was a perk to order early for the first 100 orders, so everyone should get one of those.
6/15/2019

i know they denied delaying to let it sell out, but i still think that's what happened. i don't think the factory would do less than 100. they hadn't sold 100, so they pushed it. on 1/10/18, there were 30 units left unsold (if you believe Paul). it didn't sell out until 11/23/2018, after it had been delayed twice, from July '18 to Q2 of '19.

there was a painted prototype shown at SDCC .... in July 2017.

a "production sample" finally hit FB in May 2019 ... but it was just one piece. no shot of all 100 sitting on a table waiting to be packed.

so .... how do i get the one from SDCC '17? starting to think it might be the only one.
wolfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #293
Marcel54
Hellboy

Either way, I just canceled mine. I couldn't wait any longer.
Marcel54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:05 PM   #294
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Thanks for the timeline recap.
I can handle delays, I am after all an ex PCS custoler... lol

It's the transparency and honesty I don't like. Yes, their business and they can tell whatever story they like, it's all PR.
but don't shine me on by telling me the ONLY reason for delay is because they need time to make it the best.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #295
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Thanks for the timeline recap.
I can handle delays, I am after all an ex PCS custoler... lol

It's the transparency and honesty I don't like. Yes, their business and they can tell whatever story they like, it's all PR.
but don't shine me on by telling me the ONLY reason for delay is because they need time to make it the best.
Quote:
Agreed. Thulsa was paid in full over a year ago so I'm sticking to that.

But Lifesize Robocop I am going to request a refund in full including NRD based on this history of delivering product and lack of faith that the revised headsculpt will be shown soon or even improved.
Too bad, I wanted it but you read my mind Clutch.

I am also boycotting the 1/6 Conan line if it ever gets made. Typically i buy all things Conan but i can not support whatever has gone wrong with Chronicle this past year.

I learned my lesson from PCS.

From here on my money will be spent on larger trusted companies like Prime 1. Sadly, this means I may miss out on Conan items in the future.

PS.
That cheap snake medallion promised to everyone, the one you can find on Ebay, if they expected this to ship a year ago, a month ago, 2 months ago, and they are casting them in house. Where is the teaser shot of all 100 medallions lined up on the bench ready for paint or after paint? Wouldn't they have teased these for us if they really existed? And wouldn't these have been done over a year ago? Fishy, fishy ,fishy.
Prime 1 is actually the worst in shipping time, almost as PCS. Actually knowing I’m waiting this long for a piece doesn’t cross my mind at all. Been there, done that.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #296
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiasrosas212 View Post
Prime 1 is actually the worst in shipping time, almost as PCS. Actually knowing I’m waiting this long for a piece doesn’t cross my mind at all. Been there, done that.
Didn't know that about P1.

As a statue collector, we have all waited years for an item, I'm sure.

That doesn't make it right, and it is made even worse when you are told July 2017 and still getting the runaround in August of 2019.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #297
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Didn't know that about P1.

As a statue collector, we have all waited years for an item, I'm sure.

That doesn't make it right, and it is made even worse when you are told July 2017 and still getting the runaround in August of 2019.
Agree, it doesn’t make it right for these companies to play us around with these shipping times. To be exact, still waiting on the Quarter scale Joker from XM Studios I pre ordered when they did the meet and greet celebration of their new store in Singapore, years later, still waiting for it and haven’t heard a word.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 AM   #298
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I feel for anyone ordering this piece. It’s never a fun time waiting super long for a product release. I hope you get it soon! Myself, I’m waiting for several JP products to come to fruition. I feel your pain!
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:56 AM   #299
Ezhil
Mephisto

July 2017--------now September 2019 ?I need to cancel this if any further delay
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:44 AM   #300
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I've 4 orders with CC including this 2 of them have been delayed for forever! If something doesn't happen soon I may cancel all 4 and reclaim my 7000 smokers!
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote