Rav
The Spirit

Bazooka cheese
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:23 PM   #922
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

That's some PS2 looking FX garbage right there.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:22 AM   #923
darren1228
Zot

Don’t get the hate this piece is getting. He looks pretty awesome to me on Facebook. Sure he isn’t 100% “prototype” but he looks pretty darn good to me.

I’d be very happy with something like this and would pick this over the Iron Studios version easily.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:25 AM   #924
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
That's some PS2 looking FX garbage right there.
Yup. Netflix Punisher wasn’t the best but it was much better than that dumpster fire.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:48 AM   #925
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Don’t get the hate this piece is getting. He looks pretty awesome to me on Facebook. Sure he isn’t 100% “prototype” but he looks pretty darn good to me.

I’d be very happy with something like this and would pick this over the Iron Studios version easily.
People tend to overreact. The paint doesn't match but it's a clean paint job. It's actually pretty nice. It just doesn't have the layering that someone like Kat Sapine would take hours to accomplish.

I don't think I'm going to buy this piece since I already have a Punisher I like, but I think those that do are getting a pretty nice statue.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:57 AM   #926
chronos1919
Nightwing

Looks great. I love the texturing on the shirt.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:14 AM   #927
Rav
The Spirit

With mass production there is bound to be lower quality paint jobs.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:37 AM   #928
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but XM is mass produced in the same factories and they don’t get the get out of jail free card because their paint ups come as advertised.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:39 AM   #929
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but XM is mass produced in the same factories and they don’t get the get out of jail free card because their paint ups come as advertised.
+ I am rather a SSC fan than XM.

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 03:19 AM   #930
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
People tend to overreact. The paint doesn't match but it's a clean paint job. It's actually pretty nice. It just doesn't have the layering that someone like Kat Sapine would take hours to accomplish.

I don't think I'm going to buy this piece since I already have a Punisher I like, but I think those that do are getting a pretty nice statue.

So people tend to overreact U say, but yet you're not buying it anyway, so I guess that is why you're not going to be overreacting, plus by my understanding if you bought a brand new car you'd be happy to take a lemon instead nothing to overreact about it's still a car just not what you paid for and expecting to be delivered to you.

Here are three images of the statue, the first is what they advertised the second is what I actually saw at SDCC and the third is apparently from Facebook I understand. Even though we are receiving an "OK" statue it is not what was advertised and clearly the face is not the same.

The point is that they're advertising one thing and then they're completely giving you something else. As it's been stated so many times here why don't they advertise what they're actually gonna give us then we will not be overreacting as you say. I'm still going to take it because I think it's still OK, and yes I know it's just a statue and "ART" is subjective one can be different from the other, but this is not the case this is clearly laziness or more to the point low-quality paint jobs.

I've only got two Sideshow statues that I've pre-ordered left. Those days are gone now where Sideshow statues sellout on the first day or two they tend to be around for some time now so as far as Sideshow goes I'm quite happy to see in hand pictures now days.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote