Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-04-2020, 11:32 PM   #111
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
I just found out that Spec Fiction has changed the estimated shipping costs regarding this bust for Europe from $350 to $650 on their website

USA is $600 now (don't know the previous estimated shipping costs).
That stinks. Increased shipping costs are going to ruin this hobby (if they haven't already started affecting it).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:31 AM   #112
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

It’s because it ships in 2 boxes not 1. I’m really sorry but my hands are tied :/
Old 02-05-2020, 02:39 AM   #113
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Will the boxes come together or separate as there’s potential for two lots of customs charges if they’re separate ( I know because it’s happened to me before).
Also Todd, just out of curiosity, can I ask why the shipping to Europe is more than the US?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:13 AM   #114
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Will the boxes come together or separate as there’s potential for two lots of customs charges if they’re separate ( I know because it’s happened to me before).
Also Todd, just out of curiosity, can I ask why the shipping to Europe is more than the US?
Two separate boxes unfortunately. Shipping is generally always more expensive to Europe than to USA.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:12 AM   #115
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Two separate boxes unfortunately. Shipping is generally always more expensive to Europe than to USA.
Two separate boxes but shipping together, which should not impact taxes then. Right?
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:56 AM   #116
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Two separate boxes but shipping together, which should not impact taxes then. Right?
If they’re strapped together AND the import forms are correctly filled out then it shouldn’t impact taxes. However if they’re separate boxes shipped individually and/or the forms aren’t correctly filled out then there’s a chance you could get hit with two lots of import tax. As we all know no matter which country it is customs are a law unto themselves and generally make the rules up as they go along.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:01 AM   #117
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
If they’re strapped together AND the import forms are correctly filled out then it shouldn’t impact taxes. However if they’re separate boxes shipped individually and/or the forms aren’t correctly filled out then there’s a chance you could get hit with two lots of import tax. As we all know no matter which country it is customs are a law unto themselves and generally make the rules up as they go along.
Now you are scaring me!

I have received many 2 or 3 pieces shipments and never experienced what you're describing, but I am more than willing to believe what you're saying and consider myself lucky so far!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:16 AM   #118
Darth Milo
Hydra

Quote:
It’s because it ships in 2 boxes not 1. I’m really sorry but my hands are tied :/
You should have notified who has ordered this bust.

But what if I want to cancel my order?
When I ordered this bust I calculated shipping in my total price and I know that it was an estimated price but wasn't expecting an increase of $300.

And yes I also had to pay double customs for one statue that was shipped in 2 boxes.
It took me almost 6 months and alot of paperwork to get that back.

I also don't understand why shipping to my country is estimated $50 more than USA. From China to NL is almost 4000 km closer than to The USA.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #119
MrBirkin62
The Spirit

Quote:
any idea on when thanos ships? still considering ordering him? that 600 shipping is that DHL?
MrBirkin62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #120
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Is it not possible to strap the boxes together and send them as one package as they are part of the same item? (even the boxes themselves should be labelled 1/2 and 2/2)