Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-05-2020, 09:36 AM   #121
CWalker
The Avengers

Spec, Sideshow, or any site can only ESTIMATE shipping costs. It clearly states that. "ESTIMATED SHIPPING COSTS".
Queen Studios did not inform him that there would be 2 boxes or he would have put $600 originally. Perhaps they didn't even know that would be the case until recently.

Not hard to understand it's not his fault.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #122
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
Spec, Sideshow, or any site can only ESTIMATE shipping costs. It clearly states that. "ESTIMATED SHIPPING COSTS".
Queen Studios did not inform him that there would be 2 boxes or he would have put $600 originally. Perhaps they didn't even know that would be the case until recently.

I don’t see anyone directly blaming Todd for the shipping costs, obviously it’s not his fault or queen studios for that matter as don’t forget these busts shouldn’t strictly be sold outside the Asian market. But it is worth raising concerns about potential unnecessary and avoidable import charges especially if he can relay those to his guy who’s shipping these from China.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #123
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I don’t see anyone directly blaming Todd for the shipping costs, obviously it’s not his fault
I was replying to "WTF, that's some major BS.".....I should have quoted it.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #124
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
You should have notified who has ordered this bust.

But what if I want to cancel my order?
When I ordered this bust I calculated shipping in my total price and I know that it was an estimated price but wasn't expecting an increase of $300.

And yes I also had to pay double customs for one statue that was shipped in 2 boxes.
It took me almost 6 months and alot of paperwork to get that back.

I also don't understand why shipping to my country is estimated $50 more than USA. From China to NL is almost 4000 km closer than to The USA.
Derivstore, an EU retailer sells it for 2800€. No taxes and of course a less expensive shipping.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #125
Darth Milo
Hydra

Quote:

Not blaming him the increase but disappointed that he didn't notify his customers if he allready knew this for a few weeks.

Quote:
Todd told me a few weeks back that it was coming in 2 boxes, which he didn't anticipate.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #126
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
I'm betting the shipping on Iron Man will go up as well. I never expected those original estimated shipping rates to hold. They shouldn't even post estimates. Initial preorder listings should say insane shipping charges TBD.
I was planning to PO the Iron Man bust, but if shipping goes up to $500+...I doubt I will. That’s almost like paying 50% of what the bust costs...SMH!

No, I wouldn’t blame Todd for the increase in shipping cost.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #127
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
Not blaming him the increase but disappointed that he didn't notify his customers if he allready knew this for a few weeks.
Probably hard to keep track of everything. He was very sick at that time too, yet still responded to me. He's a good dude.

May be best if he just drops guessing shipping, but then someone will have a cow when they find out it's $300 (or worse $600). Sideshow doesn't send you shipping prices either, and they are a big company.

Not sure anyone can have a great system when shipping is an unknown. (shrug)
Old 02-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #128
Phazed
The Spirit

Was also more expensive to Canada than the US for another piece even though the estimated quoted shipping was the same for both countries.
Phazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:42 PM   #129
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazed View Post
Was also more expensive to Canada than the US for another piece even though the estimated quoted shipping was the same for both countries.
What piece?
Old 02-05-2020, 09:24 PM   #130
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
I was replying to "WTF, that's some major BS.".....I should have quoted it.
I don't think it's asking much for simple communication with customers when that is a huge jump in shipping price. $600 alone can buy a nice statue. An extra $300 in unforeseen costs at these prices can make or break a collectors ability to buy the item.

I imagine many people who ordered this from him don't even frequent the forums and they shouldn't hear about a potential $300 jump when the item is ready to ship.

Quote:
Probably hard to keep track of everything. He was very sick at that time too, yet still responded to me. He's a good dude.

May be best if he just drops guessing shipping, but then someone will have a cow when they find out it's $300 (or worse $600). Sideshow doesn't send you shipping prices either, and they are a big company.

Not sure anyone can have a great system when shipping is an unknown. (shrug)
Most of the people who buy direct from Sideshow don't deal with shipping prices in these ranges, so there is not as much of an impact on any final sell for them.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote