Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #91
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I believe like many others that will not be a succesful licence
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:31 PM   #92
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Isn’t this too little too late? Wait for the excitement of GOT to be destroyed by season 8 and then come out with expensive high-end collectibles.

The majority of GOT fans are like Walking Dead fans, normies whose collectibles purchase are limited to keychains, t-shirts and the occasional Funko Pop. I’m not saying there is no demand for high-end GOT stuff, given the audience size of GOT the demand will much less than people think. 3A and their 1/6 scale figure line is the current highest price collectibles. But I doubt 3A sells Hot Toys numbers. But what probably sells the best is the Dark Horse figures and Funko Pops.

I am interested to see what they come up with. But I will most likely pass as these will probably be in the $750+ range with giant bases.

People still want lord of the rings statue
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #93
Zombiez

This idea that because season 8 hasn't been to the liking of some fans that game of thrones or it's merchandise won't sell is unfounded. Personally except for the death of the night king I've throughly enjoyed this season
Old 05-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #94
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
This idea that because season 8 hasn't been to the liking of some fans that game of thrones or it's merchandise won't sell is unfounded. Personally except for the death of the night king I've throughly enjoyed this season
I didn’t even mind the death of the night king. It has felt a bit rushed, but I’ve liked it all so far. The best part is that thousands of people have named their daughters Khaleesi or Daenerys over the years.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #95
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I didn’t even mind the death of the night king. It has felt a bit rushed, but I’ve liked it all so far. The best part is that thousands of people have named their daughters Khaleesi or Daenerys over the years.
And all those little girls will rule by fear.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #96
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Well, if nothing else, it's a cool name.....I guess the downside is that the namesake will never be redeemed in pop culture by a character from another franchise.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #97
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
are you for real? not to the liking of some fans? did we watch the same season 8? it was utter sht, a million other people seem to agree...
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:44 PM   #98
gearhead
The Herculoids

Big fan of the show and I could care less about having any 1/4 scales of the characters. BUT, please for the love of the Lord of Light, give us a Drogon with at least a 3-4' wingspan so I can die happy.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:58 PM   #99
Zombiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
are you for real? not to the liking of some fans? did we watch the same season 8? it was utter sht, a million other people seem to agree...
A Million people out out how many people that watched it???? AND like i said just because this season isn't the best that does not mean that there aren't many many people that still love Games of thrones and will still buy it's merchandise.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #100
Zombiez

There will always be a loud minority that will not like a story/TV show/movie for whatever reason some of those reason are valid some are not but whatever the case if the majority are happy or content then that intellectual property will survive

A lot of people did not like the new star wars trilogy yet I can guarantee that millions and millions of dollars will be made off of the new movie and it's merchandise. The same thing goes for game of thrones.