Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-13-2020, 06:50 PM   #61
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
There are very few New 52 titles that were any good at all. You list three, and I read all three. I, Vampire also was good. But as an entire line and as a philosophy and approach to their comics, it completely struck out. The proof is the resurrection of the pre-New 52 Superman and the Rebirth approach, neither of which were properly managed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Exactly, add to this that Dan Didio openly complained about fans liking reprints of older DC comics over the new stuff. Talk about arrogance and a lack of self awareness.
The most ironic part about the whole thing is before Final Crisis you had Geoff Johns running the creative meetings for DC comics and he was trying to get them all to embrace the Golden/Silverage stories, use them and make them new. That's what his JSA was about, that's what Green Lantern Rebirth basically was and it's also what Identity Crisis, though parts of that could have been handled better, and Infinite Crisis were all about.

Suddenly you had people buying new issues and trades of old books so they could compare the stories, brilliant idea. Then Dido comes in and says, "We're rebooting everything and there is no history", great plan jackwagon.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:41 PM   #62
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Definitely will miss the Bombshells and Designer Series lines the most.
Yah... that’s the best line they have for me. :/
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #63
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Sad that DC Direct/Collectibles is going away. Their statues were some of the only affordable ones in the collectible marked. I'm sure we'll still get statues but the $150 and under price point will be gone now that whoever will be making the statues will have to pay a licensing fee.

I was talking with my LCS and they told me they wouldn't be bringing in anymore statues unless they are special orders. They would always bring in a couple of B&W, bombshells and covergirls and be able to sell out because of the price point. Living in a college town, customer base doesn't have the deep pockets for Sideshow priced stuff.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #64
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Bad news for everyone’s LCS.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #65
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
True, tons of people would still buy these through local shops as they were affordable and shops would open them for inspection.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #66
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Yeah, my shop would often order several Bombshells for example and they always moved fairly quickly. The bigger pieces are 50/50 if they sell quick in a couple weeks or sit there for months and months.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:03 PM   #67
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yeah, my shop would often order several Bombshells for example and they always moved fairly quickly. The bigger pieces are 50/50 if they sell quick in a couple weeks or sit there for months and months.
DC direct never had much luck with larger pieces. 1/6th scale and above almost always had to be the trinity to really sell well.

Hell even their Designer Series, the Batman/Wonder Woman and Superman statues sold out really quick but the Flash and Green Lantern, not so much.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:11 AM   #68
khrisc
The X-Men

Dunno why Flash didnt sold out fast as it is a very nice Flash..but that GL is horrible for me. Didnt like the pose.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #69
OhHaiMark
Justice League

DC's statement:

"When we started, we were one of the first companies, if not the first, to go out and create a business that catered to that specialty market. That success has brought in a lot of competitors and a lot of companies that are now in that space. So it's about evolving the model. We want to produce those collectible and serve those fans, but we will probably shift to a higher price point collectible and more of a licensing model, working with manufacturers we already work with. From a consumer point of view, there will not be a change or drop off in the quality of the work they are seeing. Behind the scenes, how we create it, and how we get it to them is going to change. We still have our principal lead of DC Direct, Jim Fletcher, with the company. He will be showcased in a fun panel with J Scott Campbell at Fandome."
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:33 AM   #70
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Higher price point and licensing!!!
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote