Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #1891
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
It's a tough decision (I made the same choice as you) - especially when we know we may never see another Ciri statue in the future. But, I don't want to reward poor quality with my money. I would rather have NO Ciri than a BAD Ciri.

I'm not sure I would be as brave as you and keep Yennefer - for me the trust has gone (at least on this product line).
Yennefer is my favorite Confirmed in the show. About her second statue, I want to keep faith.
P1 offered two Geralt and two Yennefer, only one Ciri, and considering the lack of haste that P1 shows to bring Ciri in the hands of the customers, we can envisage that there won't be an other one.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #1892
OhHaiMark
Justice League

DLC Yennefer is now available to order from Sideshow.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #1893
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
DLC Yennefer is now available to order from Sideshow.
Dec 2021... excessive
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #1894
stryker12
Fantastic Four

Lol, by then sideshow will probably unveil and release their own Yennefer. Still, I don't really care as long as she turns out like the prototype.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:04 AM   #1895
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Dec 2021... excessive
That means we won't see it till Dec 2022
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #1896
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Going back and forth on DLC Yenn. Honestly, I haven't liked any of Prime 1's Witcher statues. Ciri's proto was incredible and I did order it. Cancelled the order due to vet bills (thanks Kitty) and seeing the in-hand product makes me think that was the right decision. I'm trying so hard not to fall into the same trap again; is it really worth putting down $700+ on the hope that DLC Yennefer is the exception? But man, that proto is so f'ing good.

I think I'm going to have to wait until we see in-hand photos and hope that Sideshow doesn't sell out before then. It's hard because I really like the payment plan system.

Also, maybe (unlikely but a girl can hope) they'll announce a DLC Ciri. Ciri and Yenn are the only Witcher characters I collect and I prefer my collection to be evenly balanced.

Luckily, knowing Prime 1, I have *plenty* of time to think about it.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:39 PM   #1897
Jiggatron69
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
I placed my order for her on P1's site on 11/2019.....which means i probably wont see her until 2022 at the earliest. Consider that it took about 2 years for the Selina Kyle statue to make it to me, which doesnt even account for the COVID issues. I would not be shocked if we dont see any of these statues come out of the pipeline until 2023. Several Japanese figure manufacturers are already filing for bankruptcy citing collapses in the supply chain/manufacturing process for figures so Im pretty worried that we are on the cusp of a massive failure for the industry. How many of these companies can sustain 12-24 months of delays with no income? Even Sideshow would be hard pressed in that scenario.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:34 AM   #1898
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
I placed my order for her on P1's site on 11/2019.....which means i probably wont see her until 2022 at the earliest. Consider that it took about 2 years for the Selina Kyle statue to make it to me, which doesnt even account for the COVID issues. I would not be shocked if we dont see any of these statues come out of the pipeline until 2023. Several Japanese figure manufacturers are already filing for bankruptcy citing collapses in the supply chain/manufacturing process for figures so Im pretty worried that we are on the cusp of a massive failure for the industry. How many of these companies can sustain 12-24 months of delays with no income? Even Sideshow would be hard pressed in that scenario.
That's great news. It means these collectibles companies are about to learn a valuable lesson.

Let's just talk about the elephant in the room....low cost manufacturing and labour. I know, there's always a smart guy out there who pulls a number of "facts and figures" outta their ass about how Chinese workers are on par with US or European worker.....blah blah......these companies are building their products in China for a reason, and it ain't the great food.

These companies have been building cheap and charging high prices - making a great profit. What do collectors get? Huge delays, poor quality and a fist full of guess work.....this has been the status quo in statue collecting for as long as I can remember.

Now, it seems like the decisions these companies made is coming back to haunt them! I have zero sympathy.

I hope this signals the start of a more artisan approach from these luxury item companies - where they produce in house and can control their timelines and quality better than they have. And I don't want to see ANY increase in cost, because there's no justification for them to increase the costs - NONE, especially when (in the long run - and recent history proves this point) they would benefit greatly by taking control of their production.

Rant over.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:08 PM   #1899
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
12/22 sounds more accurate.

It's just too far out. Witcher 3 came out in 2015 and by 2022 I'd be over the nostalgia of the game, technically already over it...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #1900
MrBirkin62
The Spirit

has anyone received shipping notice3 for ciri from sideshow yet? shows august shipping
MrBirkin62 is offline   Reply With Quote