Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-25-2020, 08:11 PM   #121
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Those WB shows are unwatchable now. That said I never had a problem with Gustin. He did his best with what they gave him and was perfect in the role.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:40 PM   #122
built2shred
Phoenix

If you ever watched the first 4-5 seasons of Smallville pretty much everything was shot on location outdoors then after the creators got into a disagreement with DC and left the show, pretty much everything was shot on sets, the whole thing felt so generic and the quality of the stories pretty much went to crap...

So this has been DC's MO for a while now. Come out strong and get a fan following and then cut the budget to the bone and milk it for as long as you can. Warner Brothers really should bring the DC film/tv shows under their entertainment umbrella and shut down DC films and fire everyone who was a part of it.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:51 PM   #123
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If you ever watched the first 4-5 seasons of Smallville pretty much everything was shot on location outdoors then after the creators got into a disagreement with DC and left the show, pretty much everything was shot on sets, the whole thing felt so generic and the quality of the stories pretty much went to crap...

So this has been DC's MO for a while now. Come out strong and get a fan following and then cut the budget to the bone and milk it for as long as you can. Warner Brothers really should bring the DC film/tv shows under their entertainment umbrella and shut down DC films and fire everyone who was a part of it.
Yes, and fire the person responsible for cancelling Swamp Thing while we're at it. That was by far the best show they'd done and to cancel it like that was just wrong.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:33 AM   #124
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yes, and fire the person responsible for cancelling Swamp Thing while we're at it. That was by far the best show they'd done and to cancel it like that was just wrong.
I agree 100%, I was really bummed when Swamp Thing got cancelled...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:03 AM   #125
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Totally agree...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:18 AM   #126
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I haven't watched any of the CW DC shows for 2 seasons now. I did watch the Crisis crossover and liked it a lot, but the weekly shows have completely lost their way. I tried watching them again after Crisis thinking maybe, just maybe things had gotten better....I was wrong. On the plus side I watched the first 2 new Doom Patrol episodes last night and they were terrific!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #127
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I thought the Crisis Crossover was great and was a love letter to the DC Universe. I have been watching Stargirl because of the JSA connection. I have been enjoying it. It is just a nice show for summer, not to intense or heavy, kind of like a novel you would read on the beach, just something light.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:02 AM   #128
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I thought the Crisis Crossover was great and was a love letter to the DC Universe. I have been watching Stargirl because of the JSA connection. I have been enjoying it. It is just a nice show for summer, not to intense or heavy, kind of like a novel you would read on the beach, just something light.
I am really enjoying Stargirl. I joined DC Universe to watch it and Harley Quinn.

I know it is on the CW too but at least the first couple episodes were longer online than on CW.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:02 PM   #129
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I am enjoying Stargirl as well and it's all because of the JSA connection. It's been pretty good so far overall.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:47 PM   #130
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Cyborg Cameo Written Out of ‘The Flash'; Role Played by Ray Fisher Won’t Be Recast: https://www.thewrap.com/ray-fisher-c...walter-hamada/
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote