Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-31-2016, 07:34 PM   #4931
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Alex when can we see the Hulk vs Wolvie dio??
Maaaaybe in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokecool View Post
Hi Alex,

Do you know if T of Lady Death, Ms Marvel and Phoenix PF are on good track? are they still expected to be released in their original time frames? Thanks!
They all seem to be on track. I've seen early samples of Lady Death and Captain Marvel and both are looking really fantastic. I haven't seen any samples of Dark Phoenix yet. Hopefully soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Hi Alex

With the Chinese production price of statues constantly rising, qc problems etc. wouldn’t it make sense to invest in a US production facility. Companies like hot toys control their whole value chain process from start to finish and have their own production factories.
If SS invests in a production factory in the US, SS can essentially offer services to other companies including production line manufacturing services, 3d printing services, prototype painting... There are also many other Fx/movie schools/companies in the US that might use your prospective services.
The quality of your product will definitely increase, you will be able to create artistic jobs and skills won’t be lost to outsourcing. I understand that your bottom line profit might take a hit but isn’t it worth investigating another business model than simply outsourcing the heart of your product?
U.S. production of these kinds of collectibles would place retail pricing for a standard PF at $1K or even more when all is said an done. Manufacturing overseas is still going to give customers a better retail price point at this time (even though I know many think otherwise given the every increasing price point for items).

As for QC, product development, etc...we've had a great team of project managers in place for a little over a year that are as passionate as folks can be to try and get great product into the hands of customers/fans. They are constantly rotating through going to the factories for 2 weeks at a time to oversee the progress on all various projects. When not overseas they are in contact with the factories and receiving samples throughout the manufacturing lifecycle of a project on a consistent/constant basis.

But even with all the trips back and forth, samples, communication, etc. issues will still arise and in some cases fixes can occur and in cases where it's not possible they are trying to ensure that issue doesn't arise in a future release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco1977 View Post
Hola Alex, sabe si hay planes para hacer un Iron Man clásico? Muchas gracias.
There are more Iron Man products in the future but I'm not a liberty to say what versions they are at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked sloth View Post
Alex, I would like to know why shipping cost is a flat rate as $100 in the case of a classic TV series Batman & Catwoman? Will you keep to apply for a flat rate shipping?
Some adjustments have been made since these items went up for order, so that $100 Flat Rate shipping doesn't apply to as many countries as before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi SideshowAlex,

I would like to know, if the character Obi-Wan Kenobi is planned in the Premium Format line? Or in an another line of your products?

Thank you.
Obi-Wan is still in the works but as to what medium...I don't know at this time. I just know he's going to be explored as a collectible in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Hi Alex, are the shipping prices a mistake on the new Batman and catwoman PF's? They are both showing as $100 which is significantly higher than what we usually pay. My very large/heavy P2 maquette for instance was $40 shipped to the UK. Sideshow have always been very kind to us international folk when it comes to shipping costs, this is very much appreciated and helps a little with all of the extra charges we face. I know I wouldn't be able to order nearly so much without the discounted shipping costs. Is this helpful policy changing or were they just listed incorrectly? Thanks.
Some adjustments were made to ship costs since Batman and Catwoman went up for Pre-Order. Most international countries/regions will be receiving a 30% discount off the actual ship cost of items shipped for many items (Batman and Catwoman included).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Hey Alex,

any chance of sideshow putting a picture/diagram of where the pieces are suppose to go in the box when your packing a statue back up.. many other companies do this, and its just simply a piece of paper that would need to be provided to it would hardly cost SS anything but it makes such a huge difference. Currently I have to youtube unboxing videos and go through it all until I get figure out where the pieces go... its very time consuming.

Thanks
Great idea! I'm passing it along to see what's possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
When SideShow starts a new line oh and lets they they initially start with three pieces... How long does it take them to decide if they want to continue the line? i.e MOTU. do they base it on preorders, or by how long it takes to sell out once the statue actually drops?

Thanks,

~Mike
Strong continuous pre-orders of items are one factor that can determine if more products in a line are made. That said, some lines from the get go may have a license or time limit in place that will only allow for X amount of characters to be made in a line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_Bailore View Post
That is fantastic news shieve is one of my favorite characters in the series, after reading the book i was wondering if Ellianastis, Longgrief, Vexxeasti, Raevells, or Tsingvath have even been considered for the PF treatment? And i know Death is suppose to be a PO in June, how many more PO can we expect before the end of the year, not including Death!!!!

Thanks
I don't know if any of the above characters you listed will get a PF treatment in the future, sorry.

As for how many more CotD Pre-Orders after Death...possibly 2 more before the year is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintproduction View Post
Any chance we would see a movie based Spiderman statue?
No movie based Spider-Man is in the pipeline currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Hi Alex,

thanks for coming back for us

So any update on the paypal option to purchase gift cards ?
Still on a very long list of programming to-dos. There are a lot of higher priority to-dos at this time but maybe something can be ready before the end of the year. We'll see. *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Hello Alex, I love the new C3PO and R2D2 LSF! Next May 4th I'd like to see Darth Vader and Boba Fett go up for PO!!! =)
We'll see! I have no idea what we'll have ready to PO for May the 4th in 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoniste111 View Post
Hi Alex..why no use of paypal for preorders and flexpay?
Paypal is a secondary service not owned by Sideshow, so FLEXpay and Paypal cannot integrate together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepurist View Post
Hey Alex,

Any odds we're seeing new X-Men pieces in a near future ? I mean new, not revisited characters :P

Thanks !
More X-Men collectibles are in the pipeline. As to who they are (new, revisits, etc), I'm not allowed to say. Y'all will just have to keep an eye on the site and social channels for any official product reveals. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.I just want to ask, how long did it take sideshow collectables to make the Alien King maquette?Cheers!
Well over a year from concept to finished prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipper View Post
Hi Alex,

A couple of months ago Igo, said that some upgrades where going to take place on Green Lantern PF.

Any update on this?

Thank you, as always.
They only change I've seen on this piece is coloring to the construct on the base. Once a final shipping sample is in we'll get new pictures up on the site for folks to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Will there be an online SDCC event starting July 1st?
Yup, July 1st!

Quote:
Hello Alex,

any chance you can explain the dramatic price increase for Kylo PF ? Compared to the Sandtrooper that is not less in complexity that when up a few weeks ago... I would like to understand why Kylo is $150 more.
The Sandtrooper will be the minority at that price point going forward. I'm not a project manager or other power that be that are part of the price point determination but of what I do know....pricing to manufacture continues to rise, royalty costs/licensing costs continue to rise, and so on, so forth. Sandtrooper was an older project that got going way before Kylo Ren and the recent First Order Stormtrooper, so that could have a determining factor for price point as well (i.e.: item was in development and overseas prior to some newer PFs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Alex, with the unfortunate passing of Bowie this year, do you think it's possible SS will now look at obtaining the Labyrinth license? He so deserves a Jareth premium format and this year is the 30th anniversary of the film. Word is, the license is insanely expensive and that's a major reason Labyrinth (and Dark Crystal) pieces are so scarce in the collector commuinty. Thanks for your time!
Sideshow is not actively pursing the Labyrinth license. On a side note...I personally wish we were still doing Dark Crystal collectibles though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hey Alex
With the TMNT back in the limelight with the movie and cartoon, does Sideshow still have rights to continue making characters of the comiquette line? I'd love to see a Bebop, Rocksteady and Kraang to go with the Turtle comiquettes.
I think your question was answered after this was posted. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingman24 View Post
Hi Alex, any chance we could get a movie version of the The Winter Soldier? Either from Civil War or The Winter Soldier. Thanks.
No, no movie version of winter Soldier is in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
Hey Alex,

Any chance on acquiring the ReBoot license?
Would love to see Hexadecimal (Most of all the Season 3 version)
They are currently making a "reboot" of ReBoot
ReBoot isn't a license that Sideshow is looking to do, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingman24 View Post
Hi again Alex! Could you let us in on the reason for the long continued delays of the Captain America : The Winter Soldier PF? And is there a chance the final production pics will be put on the site anytime soon? Thanks!
Samples coming in weren't to the Project Manager's liking which has caused most of the delay. Final production pics of this item should be up sometime this month.

Quote:
Hi Alex

Fantastic work on the Alien King maquette! Are there plans for an Alien Queen complimentary piece in the future? Hope SS revisits the 'hive' concept again. I'd love to see the pods along with Alien Queen similar to these Alien drones to the King!
I haven't heard about an Alien Queen compliment piece for the King. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohrai_Fan View Post
Apologies if this has been asked (I did search the thread), does SS have any plans to do an Iron Man mark III 1/4 premium format in the near future? I remember seeing early computer mockups but that was quite a while ago. Has that piece been cancelled?

Thanks
More Iron Man in the works but as I said in an answer to a similar question above, I'm not allowed to go into specifics. Any new product announcements will be done on the Sideshow site or social channels first.

Quote:
What scale are the new Sideshow TMNT statues?
They're around 1/5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What a great Sideshow day, today! Aliens, Stanley Lau, and Turtles everywhere!
Out of all the great stuff since the start of the year are there one's you see yourself adding to your collection?
The 1960s Batman and Catwoman for sure! I have a whole 60s Batman collection at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
HI Alex,

Is the Armored Batman polystone?

Sounds like 23x15x15 at only 18 lbs is a little light for the mass of this statue.
He is a polystone piece, save for the fabric cape and any delicate parts (such as the 'wing tips' protruding from his boot tops for example) that could break if made out of polystone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
Hi Alex
Will we be getting anymore X-Men for pre-order this year?
Might be. Might be.

Quote:
Hi Alex

Will there be new MOTU statues displayed at SDCC beyond He-Man, Skeletor and Evil Lyn?

Are the new TMNT statues based loosely on the new Nickelodeon cartoon? So we could possibly see characters from the new series that weren't in the original? i.e. TigerClaw, FishFace, Snakeweed

Thanks
There will be no new MOTU statues on display at SDCC.

The new TMNT statues are Sideshow's take on the turtles with comic and cartoon mixed in somewhat.

Quote:
Alex,

Will we see a PF of Marvel's Crossbone villain in 2016?
Crosbone is not a villain that Sideshow has in the works.

Quote:
Hi Alex,

we all know that a lot of customers and collectors of your great items at Sideshow are getting upset with the constantly rising prices. And I believe you gave on several occasions explanations what I thank you for...
I also understand that a company is rising their prices annually due rising costs from third party company and components..

But this is a head scratcher for me.. The Sandtrooper and the Stormtrooper.... can you please explain price difference ?

The Sandtrooper was not even 2 months ago for PO .. has more difficult paint ap.. more detailed base.. more accessories (Backpack) etc.. over the plain Stormtrooper...

As a collector who loves your items, I dont understand you pricing and it seams that TFA products are getting extra high prices (Kylo Ren has a HUGE price tag compared to Vader or other PF)

I've answered much to this above to another person that asked a similar question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex!

I noticed there's nothing saying "Edition Size TBD" on both the exclusive, and individual regular Prime 1 90's TMNT statues. Kinda odd. Hope SS isn't going to slap on "Limited Edition", rather than setting an ES.

Also, will SS be releasing the new TMNT realistic set as one order, like you guys did with the Prime 1 90's TMNT?

Thanks!
If an Edition Size is set, Prime 1 will let us know what they should be and the pages will be updated accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Hello alex, do you know if there are any additional characters from the hellboy comics planned?
No other Hellboy comic collectibles are planned.

Quote:
alex do you know what happened with the darkseid pf? is anything being changed with the statue or is it staying as is? thanks
The Darkseid PF isn't having anything changed. It arrived with issues that made it un-shippable to customers, so they were all scrapped and new ones are being manufactured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.I just want to ask, when will the edition size for the Alien King maquette be announced?Cheers!
It will probably be anywhere between a month to 6 months before an edition size is set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Hi alex!!!
I was wondering if sideshow plan on doing a punisher bust?!?
Thanks!
Haven't heard of any punisher busts in the works, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Hi Alex! Any news about this or generally anything regarding the Masters of the Universe line? We'll we see final versions or at least final He-Man on SDCC in July?

Thanks!
There won't be any MOTU items on display at SDCC (they were shown last year and there too much new this year that we're not really allocating much space for repeat showings). Final shipping samples of all pieces will be photographed and placed up on the web for folks to see before the items ship though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Hi Alex,

Thanks for answering our questions.

Now that Sideshow is releasing more and more Star Wars PF, are there plans for a Rey PF? BB-8?

Thanks.
More Star Wars PFs are happening. There could be a Rey and BB-8...or there might not be. All new product announcements will be made on the Sideshow site and/or social channels before anywhere else.

Quote:
any estimate on when we might see jango fett? thanks
Hopefully sometime this summer!

Quote:
Hi Alex
I just read on one of the threads that GI Joe is making a comeback for SS. Can you confirm? and if yes, can you confirm the scale? 1/5 or 1/4?

Thanks!!
No, no G.I. Joe in Sideshow's future at this time. Not sure where people are getting their news from.

Last edited by SSAlex; 05-31-2016 at 11:00 PM.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:54 PM   #4932
SashaMitchell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Alex,

Could you please speak about the timeline for the new Darkseid statue that is currently being manufactured? Are you talking about a complete re-do in China? If so, what wait time should those of us who ordered expect before it is in hand? Months? Years? Thanks!
SashaMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #4933
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Thanks Alex for the response..the new price range will put me out of the game then unfortunately..it was a fun ride till now
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #4934
SONICobra
Batman

alex getting work done! thanks for the answers
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:13 PM   #4935
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

RE: Armored Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
He is a polystone piece, save for the fabric cape and any delicate parts (such as the 'wing tips' protruding from his boot tops for example) that could break if made out of polystone.
Thank you! So are you saying his gauntlets and boot blades are... metal?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:19 PM   #4936
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Hey Alex,

Are there plans for a new Han Solo PF? I'd kill for an ESB version.

Thanks so much for answering our questions. You are a true asset to SS!
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:48 PM   #4937
SammyG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hey Alex.

I know the Armoured Batman is a long way off, and details may not be available, but I'm wondering if the head will have a plug in for the light up feature (that is, will it be separate)? Or if it will be a solid piece with the body?

Thanks for any insight.
SammyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:52 PM   #4938
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
What scale are the new Sideshow TMNT statues?
Whoops...I looked over some dims again on the first turtle that's going to be released and I was greatly mistaken in my last answer. These are around 1/5 scale not 1/6. Sorry about that folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMitchell View Post
Alex,

Could you please speak about the timeline for the new Darkseid statue that is currently being manufactured? Are you talking about a complete re-do in China? If so, what wait time should those of us who ordered expect before it is in hand? Months? Years? Thanks!
Unfortunately I do not have an answer as to the time line yet. The project manager in charge has been working that out since all the Darksieds had to be scrapped. Yes, there is a complete re-do that has to occur and now all kinds of pieces have to be put into play. I know once he knows (hopefully very soon), he'll relay that to the appropriate parties and then that will be relayed to those that have chosen to keep their order of the piece (and then the website would be updated as well).

Quote:
Thanks Alex for the response..the new price range will put me out of the game then unfortunately..it was a fun ride till now
Sorry to hear but I know everyone has their limit to how much they will spend for items within a hobby. I can only hope that you'll be able to still continue the hobby with future collectibles that make your pocketbook happy and that the current pieces still bring you much enjoyment. :-)

Quote:
alex getting work done! thanks for the answers
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
RE: Armored Batman

Thank you! So are you saying his gauntlets and boot blades are... metal?
More likely a material that wouldn't break as easily for a thinner part of a piece (like PVC) if it was made out of polystone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Hey Alex,

Are there plans for a new Han Solo PF? I'd kill for an ESB version.

Thanks so much for answering our questions. You are a true asset to SS!
I know Han is a character in the pipeline but as I said above I really do not know what medium he'll be currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG View Post
Hey Alex.

I know the Armoured Batman is a long way off, and details may not be available, but I'm wondering if the head will have a plug in for the light up feature (that is, will it be separate)? Or if it will be a solid piece with the body?

Thanks for any insight.
I don't know the breakdown of this piece yet. I'll have that info once I see a sample from the production line. I currently have no timeline as to when I will see one though. Sorry. :-(
Old 05-31-2016, 11:00 PM   #4939
BurningRage
The Maxx

Are there any DC or Marvel comic version legendary scale figures in the works?
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #4940
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Are there any DC or Marvel comic version legendary scale figures in the works?
Could be...could be.