Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-13-2020, 02:22 PM   #101
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It's nice for them to say they will keep doing 1/6, but what else are they going to say? If they say right now the 1/6 will be phased out then they would see a wave of 1/6 cancellations and lose a ton of money that has already been invested in the line. Even if the 1/6 line continues, it will have to compete with the 1/4 line for development and production time/money/resources. Maybe they'll keep it around for Dio type of stuff. It seems more realistic that they'll finish up whatever is in the pipeline over the next couple years and let it die out.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #102
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Why should they 1/6 give up?

1/6 = Worldwide License
1/4 = Asia License
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #103
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Will not, Alex said it in the Livestream.
It will all come down to money, if the 1:6 line keeps selling well then I could see them keeping it but if sales drop because of collectors moving to the 1:4 line then yeah I don't expect XM to keep making 1:6 statues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Why should they 1/6 give up?

1/6 = Worldwide License
1/4 = Asia License
I think you mean 1/4 = Asia License = Grey Market = Worldwide

It's not like having a worldwide license has brought shipping prices down, it's still expensive to get a 1/6 dc statue shipped to the US no matter who you buy it from. All the worldwide license does is allow you to buy directly from XM but shipping is still around $150

I imagine the only way XM could get the prices cheaper would be to work with SS so that XM could use their shipping containers to get them directly to North America at a cheaper price... But given the hatred SS has for XM I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon If SS did sell these 1:6 statues we would be able to get them for around $350 but then SS would probably want them to make like 3000-4000 of them each...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #104
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
If they release a kick ass looking 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke, I'll sing their praises to the heavens. That piece alone would make this announcement worthwhile for me.
That one piece would put me very close to my ultimate collection goal.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:12 AM   #105
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It will all come down to money, if the 1:6 line keeps selling well then I could see them keeping it but if sales drop because of collectors moving to the 1:4 line then yeah I don't expect XM to keep making 1:6 statues...

I think you mean 1/4 = Asia License = Grey Market = Worldwide

It's not like having a worldwide license has brought shipping prices down, it's still expensive to get a 1/6 dc statue shipped to the US no matter who you buy it from. All the worldwide license does is allow you to buy directly from XM but shipping is still around $150

I imagine the only way XM could get the prices cheaper would be to work with SS so that XM could use their shipping containers to get them directly to North America at a cheaper price... But given the hatred SS has for XM I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon If SS did sell these 1:6 statues we would be able to get them for around $350 but then SS would probably want them to make like 3000-4000 of them each...
There 1/6th line allows them to be more creative with the base tho, I think there will be enough interest especially with those with limited space

But def 1/4th is the the preferred sizing, and def agree asia license might as well mean worldwide.

Does SS really hate XM ? If SS distributes P1, i'm sure with the right incentive they would distribute for XM, and still then do there own line. It still gives them cash flow to then help lock in better talent.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:08 PM   #106
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I can't see any possibility that Sideshow would distribute XM statues in North America. From what I remember, Sideshow is the one that is keeping XM from being able to distribute Marvel 1/4 statues worldwide--same as what they're doing with the DC license. XM gets around the worldwide license for the 1/4 Rising Sun DC statues because they're not making normal versions of the characters.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote