Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-29-2020, 11:32 AM   #11
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
IMO they should have given all the main characters a few solo movies before trying to do a Justice League movie... Rushing to do a Justice League movie was a big mistake...
ITA. The problem is that even the solo movies are so-so. Something is very broken over in the DC/WB camp where they keep mucking it up
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:45 AM   #12
Augen
Metal Men

I never thought he was a problem. I hope he gets a shot, maybe a "Superman: Man of Tomorrow" movie gets made to showcase the best aspects of the actor and character.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
ITA. The problem is that even the solo movies are so-so. Something is very broken over in the DC/WB camp where they keep mucking it up
I think DC has given too much control to Directors/Actors on how their characters are portrayed. DC doesn't have anyone like Kevin Feige to make sure everything is kept in check... Snyder made questionable casting choices and the stories he wrote didn't have much depth to them and the editing on BvS and Justice League were horrible.

Then you had Margot Robbie who might look like Harley but has no clue to who she is, the Harley on the big screen acted nothing like the Harley from the comics and all the humor in the movie fell flat...

They took Suicide Squad that is known for its Dark Humor, and they turned into a humorless bore fest.

The people making these movies have no idea what DC is about, I think that's the biggest problem... It's kind of sad that DC Animated movies are better than their live action ones...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #14
Mister H
Gen 13

I would say that a lot of DC animated movies are better than at least some of the MCU live action movies. Maybe they need to put a lot of money into an all CGI DC movie?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:12 AM   #15
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I agree with much of what’s been said. Give him good writing and directing and he’d be great. And put him in a classic Superman costume as well. And give him the spit curl.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #16
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Good call. I hope it happens. I don't like actors or actreses changed in the middle of a franchise as well. It's like you read a 5 issues long adventure and suddenly in the 3rd issue the panciler changes... I hate that.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:08 AM   #17
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It is sad when a good actor get cast in a so-so or bad movie (George Clooney/Batman and Robin anyone?). I think that when a movie is being made though with all of the filming the actors are sometime oblivious to what the final product can turn out to be since it is not in their hands. I remember reading an interview with Sharon Stone when they were filming the remake of Diabolique and she made the comment "we weren't aware we were filming a bad movie".
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #18
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Great news. I love Cavill as Supes.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:16 PM   #19
Mister H
Gen 13

This is only a good idea if they actually make him Superman and not “a different take” of Superman.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:54 PM   #20
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
This is only a good idea if they actually make him Superman and not “a different take” of Superman.
At the time I said in the movie thread that the Superman I saw on screen in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was more Hyperion from Supreme Power.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote