Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 AM   #11
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Family and support always help. Hope you get better.
Sometimes family doesn't always help and can be some of the cause to begin with. (Based on personal experience.)
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:05 AM   #12
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Depression is very serious. Get medical help right away. Depression is not a character flaw. Deep depression can take away our motivation and strength to fight it. It could be a chemical imbalance and how can one fight that? See a Doctor. Find out.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:14 AM   #13
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEYE View Post
Sometimes family doesn't always help and can be some of the cause to begin with. (Based on personal experience.)
Friends then....but you got to have a positive output in life to overcome this. It will take time.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #14
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Citalopram.

10mg a day, oh happy days!!!!
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #15
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I lost everything in 2010 to my divorce and ballooned to 330 lbs out of depression. I moved out on my own, for the 1st time, into a 1 bedroom apt I can barely afford. It was strange being "alone" and living essentially paycheck to paycheck since I am living in one of the most expensive cities to live in the world. When I hit rock bottom, in time, I was able to stop looking at the negatives and started looking at the positives. I started focusing on me. Everybody needs a release. For me it was going to the gym. The gym allowed me release from the stress in my life as well as attaining self made goals to challenge myself. I'm still essentially paycheck to paycheck and still live in a 1 bedroom apt but I am happy to say I've lost 120 lbs but have gained a confidence in myself I lost somewhere along the way. That goes a long way when it's you against the world.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #16
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
I lost everything in 2010 to my divorce and ballooned to 330 lbs out of depression. I moved out on my own, for the 1st time, into a 1 bedroom apt I can barely afford. It was strange being "alone" and living essentially paycheck to paycheck since I am living in one of the most expensive cities to live in the world. When I hit rock bottom, in time, I was able to stop looking at the negatives and started looking at the positives. I started focusing on me. Everybody needs a release. For me it was going to the gym. The gym allowed me release from the stress in my life as well as attaining self made goals to challenge myself. I'm still essentially paycheck to paycheck and still live in a 1 bedroom apt but I am happy to say I've lost 120 lbs but have gained a confidence in myself I lost somewhere along the way. That goes a long way when it's you against the world.
Exactly. Good for you!
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #17
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Remeber there is someone else who always has it worse than you do. Suck it up and make the best of what you have and do what you can for yourself cause no one else will do it for you.
That's a really ----ty thing to say to someone with depression. Try showing some compassion.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote