Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #7601
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA Aficionado View Post
There's at least 3 of us in the club

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=70831
WOW -- that IG #2 page is amazing. Really great overall collection you have.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #7602
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think a lot of people will buy the collector's edition for $1200. No doubt about it. My only point is that for a segment of collectors, this is an EX or fail piece. That's true of any statue, but even more so when the EX is so desired.
Gotta disagree. This is a flippers sell out Mint, sold out due to hype and the idea of a easy buck. Right now all the flippers hoarding the big box or boxes in their moms basement are having a field day. EBay sales mean some shmuck got bamboozled or really thought a mass produced statue was worth 3Gs. To each is own but shame on them for Buying into the hype.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #7603
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I think a lot of people will buy the collector's edition for $1200. No doubt about it. My only point is that for a segment of collectors, this is an EX or fail piece. That's true of any statue, but even more so when the EX is so desired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Gotta disagree. This is a flippers sell out Mint, sold out due to hype and the idea of a easy buck. Right now all the flippers hoarding the big box or boxes in their moms basement are having a field day. EBay sales mean some shmuck got bamboozled or really thought a mass produced statue was worth 3Gs. To each is own but shame on them for Buying into the hype.
Maybe it's because I come from the comics world, where mass produced comics priced at a few bucks or less routinely sell for thousands. It's just not an outlandish idea to me.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #7604
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Maybe it's because I come from the comics world, where mass produced comics priced at a few bucks or less routinely sell for thousands. It's just not an outlandish idea to me.
Not recent comics. I see your point and am a collector/reader of comics myself. But again not recently printed books. By recent I mean around 20plus years. I could be wrong, I collect and read but do not keep up on the EBay or price book prices.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:05 PM   #7605
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Quote:
Not recent comics. I see your point and am a collector/reader of comics myself. But again not recently printed books. By recent I mean around 20plus years. I could be wrong, I collect and read but do not keep up on the EBay or price book prices.
Walking Dead #1? Nyx #3? Batman Adventures #12? Bone #1? Preacher #1? New Mutants #98 and #98?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #7606
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

New mutants 98 is almost 30 years old. Preacher is right behind it in age.
Preacher and Walking Dead are rare cases due to TV shows.
Batman Adventures 12? Harley Quinn.
I don't know. Besides Walking dead most these titles are 200$ range. Also beside WD#1- none of these books cost more than the 1800$ price hike in the Flipped Thanos EX.

Saga will join that list too one day. There are other rare occurrences of recent books. Spidey 700. Maybe Southern Bastards will get a TV show as well.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #7607
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I'd still keep it at $3k. lol! I'll enjoy it in my collection while it retains its value. People are too quick to sell out, and then later they regret it because they want it back, but dont want to pay up for it. Happens every time with the big hitters.
Same here.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:04 PM   #7608
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
New mutants 98 is almost 30 years old. Preacher is right behind it in age.
Preacher and Walking Dead are rare cases due to TV shows.
Batman Adventures 12? Harley Quinn.
I don't know. Besides Walking dead most these titles are 200$ range. Also beside WD#1- none of these books cost more than the 1800$ price hike in the Flipped Thanos EX.

Saga will join that list too one day. There are other rare occurrences of recent books. Spidey 700. Maybe Southern Bastards will get a TV show as well.
In CGC 9.8, none of them are $200 books. They’re all much higher, and not uncommon in that grade. Demand simply exceeds supply in that grade. Regardless, how many hundreds or thousands doesn’t matter. My point was that I’m used to mass produced products selling for multiples of their original sticker price. I don’t think of buyers as suckers, or every seller as a flipper. How many people in this very thread bought Thanos with every intention of keeping him, but have stated here that if offered 3K, they’d let it go. Sometimes market value exceeds a collector’s desire to own a statue. That doesn’t make said collector an evil flipper.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #7609
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

I hear ya Mint. My point I guess is that the Thanos is a flipping situation. I can't think a book that has been flipped prior to its release. CGC- I'm in the shadows on quite honestly, as long as I own it, I'm good. But that's just personal preference.
Most anyone paying 3k for a statue not even released are pretty much a shmuck. If they were a hardcore fan/collector and felt the EX was a must. They would have been there day one. Not trying to argue- you know I love ya bud.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #7610
nearmint
Phoenix

Oh, I’m not arguing either. It’s a topic worthy of discussion.