Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
Vracula
Jedi Order

Wolverine TPB’s

I basically stick to Batman as he is all the time and money I have for . However Logan is my second fav super hero and want to read some more solo stuff, want to skip anything to do with this orgin unless it’s a fresh take or something that hasn’t been done on screen already. Am not keen on his time with X-men either but yknow it’s not set in stone.

I have read Old Man logan and Law of the Jungle .

I was wondering if any of you wolvie experts could recommed the creme de la creme of Wolvie TPB’s (Complete story Arc’s).
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith is great, although it's an origin story, but I recommend you check it out if you haven't already.

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender also has some great Wolverine stuff and overall it's a solid read and worth taking a look at.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Definetly grab Weapon X by Barry Winstor Smith, it's the best Wolverine story ever. You do the right thing by staying away from the origin stuff, as cops would eloquently put, ''nothing to see here, move along people''

I'm not a Wolverine expert though, there are tons of Wolverine stuff, i'm yet to read, but i get there slowly. I got Weapon X The Return Omnibus, Aaron Omnibus, Goes to Hell Omnibus and the 1st epic collection. I read majorty of the epic collection and it was boring... the best villain in the stories is a B lister called Silver Samurai, the lack of good villains really made it a boring read.

Many holds Wolverine Mini by Claremont&Miller the gold standart for Wolverine stories... But i read that and believe me, those are very low gold standarts. It was ok but nothing speacial, didn't even have a proper end... and the story is like Japan is full of ninjas who use shiruken and katana and stuff at the freaking 80s lol There are no active ninjas at Japan since like late 19. centuary or something like that, especially with Katanas when there are guns... It's ridiculous. lol But i gave it 5 stars at good reads, i was in a very good mood... lol and i'm kind of a wolverine fan boy, i sometimes show some ok stories like they are best thing ever, when i first read them... lol But i'm completly calm and honest here.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
moon_knight1971
Rescue

After Claremont and Miller's Wolverine mini series, his popularity sky rocketed and in turn became a watered down cowboy versus a fallen samurai. Of the more recent stories I've read, Blood Debt and Enemy of the State stand out as decent representations of how I remember him best.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
protector2814
Phoenix

Although it's not a paperback, I highly recommend the Mark Millar Wolverine Omnibus which collects the entire X-Men/Wolverine/Bleed (links in other books)- story called Enemy Of The State. In this story, Logan is killed & then resurrected by The Hand in order to become their top assassin. An amazing story with just tons of great cameos. The Omni. also has Miller's complete Old Man Logan run.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #6
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Although it's not a paperback, I highly recommend the Mark Millar Wolverine Omnibus which collects the entire X-Men/Wolverine/Bleed (links in other books)- story called Enemy Of The State. In this story, Logan is killed & then resurrected by The Hand in order to become their top assassin. An amazing story with just tons of great cameos. The Omni. also has Miller's complete Old Man Logan run.

Churr thats sounds like what I am looking for.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:10 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Yeah, the Millar stuff is pretty good, as far as i remember. I also recommend Greg Rucka Wolverine, that was amazing as well, as far as i remember. I read them back to back as TPBs of 2003 Wolverine run by this two amazing dude. I read them like 12 years ago or something like that so the stories are abit blury in my mind but i really enjoyed them.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:59 AM   #8
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yeah, the Millar stuff is pretty good, as far as i remember. I also recommend Greg Rucka Wolverine, that was amazing as well, as far as i remember. I read them back to back as TPBs of 2003 Wolverine run by this two amazing dude. I read them like 12 years ago or something like that so the stories are abit blury in my mind but i really enjoyed them.
Cool thanks for the recommend.