Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-14-2017, 04:18 PM   #2131
dragontron
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
So its confirmed. 1/10 trex on the way.
Just made my day! Their Vader came out Great. Cant wait to see what they do with the Rex. Chronicle is way too quiet about this. Wondering whats going on...
dragontron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #2132
dragontron

Not too long before we get to see what theyre doing in full...

dragontron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #2133
Bagassi
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontron View Post
Just made my day! Their Vader came out Great. Cant wait to see what they do with the Rex. Chronicle is way too quiet about this. Wondering whats going on...
they've likely been blind sided by a new competitor and are not happy with universal for not communicating this with them.
Bagassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #2134
bradjk1
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagassi View Post
they've likely been blind sided by a new competitor and are not happy with universal for not communicating this with them.
How do you get blind sided by a competitor if you have a global exclusive in your category? Something doesn’t seem right here.
bradjk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #2135
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Well the licensors at Universal have turned over four times in two years with the consolidation with Dreamworks.

As far as we know we are the exclusive over $150, Mattel is the exclusive under $150 and we have a call out for misc. scales for Think Geek.

We have our licensing agent looking into Iron Studios claims and I will be getting to the bottom of the issue. We didn't license South America, but they still couldn't produce anything that conflicts with my current lines.

We've decided that if we can't keep our exclusivity we will not be continuing with the license.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:59 PM   #2136
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Well the licensors at Universal have turned over four times in two years with the consolidation with Dreamworks.

As far as we know we are the exclusive over $150, Mattel is the exclusive under $150 and we have a call out for misc. scales for Think Geek.

We have our licensing agent looking into Iron Studios claims and I will be getting to the bottom of the issue. We didn't license South America, but they still couldn't produce anything that conflicts with my current lines.

We've decided that if we can't keep our exclusivity we will not be continuing with the license.

Paul
guys you can share the license and still sell a lot. I mean, you sell a lot of the original props. iron studios wont do that. besides they share dc and marvel with sideshow and there are no issues. you are killing this badass pieces. I don't want CC to stop making this.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #2137
JPBF

Wow, I hope everything works out for Chronicle. It'd be really shady of Universal to screw them over and double license it out to their competitors.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #2138
bradjk1
Fantastic Four

Very shady of Universal to allow this to happen and even shadier if they don’t shut out Iron Studios from comepeting with Chronicle’s product. I feel for you Paul - you guys have invested so much into this property and if they don’t see this, then there’s always another license. Would be a shame, but no business can accept something like this.
bradjk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:03 AM   #2139
Ezhil
Mephisto

I feel jurassic park replicas is a big treasure tove for companies now and future companies to make lot of models. Exclusivity is difficult to maintain for this franchise. But chronicle collectibles r at the moment at their peak now and their dino poses r best and movie accurate so they can hold their ground in case of competition. If they opt out of jp franchise, big loss for collectors for sure
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:33 AM   #2140
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Very disappointed hearing this news. If I was Chronicle I'd be livid. IMO the Jurassic market isn't big enough for two companies both producing high end statues. I don't know what Universal was thinking awarding Iron Studios the license as well.

I hope everything works out in Chronicle's favor. Paul has shown time and time again their commitment to the line and keeping fans involved with input and open discussion.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote