Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 06-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #391
BurningRage
Inhumans

Tekken is just not as popular as SF and MK. It will be interesting to see how the sales go for the Prime 1Tekken 7 line.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #392
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrrhic View Post
Going by comments in one of their latest community Q&A videos preorder numbers for Law were disappointing. Too bad, it's a fantastic piece, and absolutely deserved good numbers.
But then I didn't expect Law to bring in better numbers than Jin when I heard he was next. Only after having seen the incredible sculpt and exclusive base was I entertaining the idea. There must also be Bruce Lee fans who'd be interested in the statue, but I guess F4F is still a very young studio, and not very many people even know of this line.
Yoshimitsu definitely has a better chance of selling well, especially since they are going with his T3 design. Hopefully he can pull in the numbers. I'd die a cruel death if this line is cancelled before we get to Nina. But maybe there isn't a reason to be afraid, I mean they already have the license for all characters, so why would they stop before releasing the one character with probably the highest sales potential, or any of the females for that matter. Females always sell better in statue land, don't they?
They've been around for a long time. They just don't have a convention presence and hype like the other statue companies do.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #393
CBro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Honestly thinking about it and maybe timed edition sizes isn't the way for f4f to get sales on these pieces.
CBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #394
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I would order King if I could, but at this point Ima have to wait and find one later. I was on the fence and decided to just wait until after release to find one, but after playing a bit of 7, certainly want a King in my collection now.

If they do a Yoshi 3 and dont totally botch it, will def PO.
...same with Bowser.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #395
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I've been playing a lot of T7 and having a blast. I definitely expected this line wouldn't be a huge hit though. Part of the problem is the scale. What companies like F4F don't seem to understand is that not everything needs 1/4th scale. Why would someone spend half a grand for something? A lot of Tekken characters are memorable and meaningful, but not to that extent. I think as a 1/6 line it would have worked a lot more. Also, Law was just a weird choice in general. Nina, Asuka, Kazuya,or Lili would probably have been much more successful.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #396
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'd say when the majority of SF statues are 1/4 then it's a good idea to do Tekken in 1/4 too, i mean the regs with the black bases will match up great with the PCS MM line for an easy SFXTekken display.

Also i personally wouldn't be buying this line if it wasn't 1/4.

I think King needs to be in hand, it needs to be out there on gaming websites and the like, so people can see what F4F are doing and how good what they are doing is....i think F4F genuinely just need to keep pushing the line and keep releasing statues, maybe just go to one EX and one reg....i think once were like 8 characters in, statues like King, Jin and Law are going to be really sought after.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #397
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBro View Post
Honestly thinking about it and maybe timed edition sizes isn't the way for f4f to get sales on these pieces.
Yeah i agree here, i think EXs set at 300-400 would be relatively quick sell outs.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #398
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

To me the sculpt just isn't up there with PCS, XM, Prime1, Sideshow. Not for $500 anyway. There are too many other things getting my attention now.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #399
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'd say when the majority of SF statues are 1/4 then it's a good idea to do Tekken in 1/4 too, i mean the regs with the black bases will match up great with the PCS MM line for an easy SFXTekken display.
The problem with that is the PCS MM SF are not true 1/4 while the Tekken line is.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:16 AM   #400
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
The problem with that is the PCS MM SF are not true 1/4 while the Tekken line is.
I still think they would match up well, Law on his reg base for instance is 17" tall which matches up with the height of the Ryu revisit, both in similar wide stances.

We'll see once they get released.

Also i think the EX versions with the huge bases would match up well with the Ultra line which is true 1/4, i think you'll have some good mix and match options if you wanted to.

I think the King EX would match up great with Ultra Gief for instance.