Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #91
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
I under stand what you are saying... and I agree Gurode did not sign up to be kicked in the head twice... but having law enforcement step in and set more terms... is just plain silly...
The Memphis PD said them stepping in was up to Gurode...Should he press charges...The NFLPA will challenge the suspension...If they are going to represent Hanesworthless...to protect his rights...Who is going to represent Gurode to protect his rights...?...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #92
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan View Post
Kirthew, I see your point but I don't see how Gurode (jesus it pains me to be on a Cowboy's side) signed up to get stomped purposely, TWICE on the head after a play was dead. I'm sure he knows the risks of getting injured while the play is going, as in, a body rolling into him and snapping a leg or something of the sort. You've been saying it's part of the game well, it's not part of the game to stomp on a guys face unless there's some weird new cleat to the face tackle I've never heard of.

And that's just nasty about the shocker stuff. Yuck
Trust me...as an all time Cowboy fan...It pains me at times too...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #93
Underdog07
Hercules

Looks like the Titans may cut Haynesworth http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2615539

Can you say future Raider?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #94
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

What Haynesworth did was in no way, shape, or form one of "those things that happen." The other dude has 30 reasons stitched in his face that this is not a thing that "just happens." Saying it was "heat of the moment" doesn't cover how unbelievably thuggish and low it was to stop a man's face. Even more, it was criminal.

Here's what I believe is the most important aspect of this situation: People of power in the league said it was up to the victim whether or not he would press charges. That should tell everyone that the NFL thought they couldn't tell the injured man "You can't file charges here. We're outside the law." You know why? Because if charges are filed, Haynesworth will lose. Pure and simple. Case closed. Fines. Likely jail time and certain probation. Because there would be no case to defend.

To view it as anything else but assault is just silly.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #95
'Nuff

I will abstain from comment due to an agreement with kirthew...
Old 10-06-2006, 10:13 PM   #96
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Awww, looks like was late to the party!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #97
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Looks like the Titans may cut Haynesworth http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2615539

Can you say future Raider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
What Haynesworth did was in no way, shape, or form one of "those things that happen." The other dude has 30 reasons stitched in his face that this is not a thing that "just happens." Saying it was "heat of the moment" doesn't cover how unbelievably thuggish and low it was to stop a man's face. Even more, it was criminal.

Here's what I believe is the most important aspect of this situation: People of power in the league said it was up to the victim whether or not he would press charges. That should tell everyone that the NFL thought they couldn't tell the injured man "You can't file charges here. We're outside the law." You know why? Because if charges are filed, Haynesworth will lose. Pure and simple. Case closed. Fines. Likely jail time and certain probation. Because there would be no case to defend.

To view it as anything else but assault is just silly.
I saw that and it makes sense as a reaction.

There are reasons why athletes and coaches do not pursue the legal route.

1) If they have future aspirations to stay on the league, they do not want to damage future relationships that they might need.

2) Embarrasement

3) an attitude of "there but for the grace of God go I".

4) Providing a distraction for the team when they are in the middle of trying to make the playoffs or even just getting ready for the next week's game.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote