Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #711
dechirico7
The Flash

I am sure they just had extras made in case there were issues. For the price, people that purchased this piece shouldn't have to put up with any.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #712
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Here's a video review of my new Honey-Trap Whisper SDCC exclusive statue. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdDbC1H1zs
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #713
Rhye
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Gotten her today finally !!! Number 50/100. Had to pay around $250 of customs fees, god d**** My hands were shaking when I opened her and placed her on her base, dang she's quite heavy, was sweating big time getting the screws in on this expensive piece then I checked her... and I have issues with mine D: black stain spots and scratches on legs, arms and I found one on her stomach aswell (not so visible), some light grey stain on her chest. Rough work around the goggles, glue overload in areas and rough work of her tattoo on the arm, the decall not well done and the biggest one, I cannot seem to fit her hand in, its leaving a gap of around 3 milimeters. Ah yes and the base has quite some damage aswell, big ass scratch. I already sent an email to GG asking for a replacement. Hope it'll have a positive reply.
Rhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #714
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

I want to get some clear little bumpers to put On the base for this piece as well as my sucker punch statues. I like the clear base but GG should really include some bumpers for the base so the bottom doesn't get scratched. Anyone know where I can get something like this?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #715
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhye View Post
Gotten her today finally !!! Number 50/100. Had to pay around $250 of customs fees, god d**** My hands were shaking when I opened her and placed her on her base, dang she's quite heavy, was sweating big time getting the screws in on this expensive piece then I checked her... and I have issues with mine D: black stain spots and scratches on legs, arms and I found one on her stomach aswell (not so visible), some light grey stain on her chest. Rough work around the goggles, glue overload in areas and rough work of her tattoo on the arm, the decall not well done and the biggest one, I cannot seem to fit her hand in, its leaving a gap of around 3 milimeters. Ah yes and the base has quite some damage aswell, big ass scratch. I already sent an email to GG asking for a replacement. Hope it'll have a positive reply.
Sorry to hear that. Let us know what GG says.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #716
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
I want to get some clear little bumpers to put On the base for this piece as well as my sucker punch statues. I like the clear base but GG should really include some bumpers for the base so the bottom doesn't get scratched. Anyone know where I can get something like this?
That's what I did. Worked like a charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhye View Post
Sorry to hear that man. Hope GG gets you sorted. Let us know how it goes.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #717
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That's what I did. Worked like a charm.

where from? I see em on amazon, will prolly go to michaels today to get some. I'm sure they'll have them.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #718
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Pads

Quote:
Bro,

You can go to any Ace, Home Depot and so on and get the clear silicone self adhesive pads or bumpers. They look like the pic I provided.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #719
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
where from? I see em on amazon, will prolly go to michaels today to get some. I'm sure they'll have them.
I bought them at Fred Meyers, a local chain here in the NW. You should be able to find them at any hardware store though as they're pretty common. I believe 3M makes them and their primary use is as a bumper for glass doors on cabinets.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #720
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

thanks for the tip guys!