Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #391
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Missed this one. I never even get the emails until hours after its been put up for PO.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #392
MissRoMayo
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Missed this one. I never even get the emails until hours after its been put up for PO.
This is the first time I've signed up for a notification and it came through 40 minutes after it had sold out. Luckily I'd randomly checked the site earlier and managed to get one. I definitely will NOT be signing up for notifications about any other products.
MissRoMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #393
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRoMayo View Post
This is the first time I've signed up for a notification and it came through 40 minutes after it had sold out. Luckily I'd randomly checked the site earlier and managed to get one. I definitely will NOT be signing up for notifications about any other products.
The same thing happened to me. The rsvp email arrived only after the item was waitlisted. However, my rsvp text did arrive as the item was going up for PO so the system might not be completely broken, instead only the half of it.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #394
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
The same thing happened to me. The rsvp email arrived only after the item was waitlisted. However, my rsvp text did arrive as the item was going up for PO so the system might not be completely broken, instead only the half of it.
I've never received a text from sideshow despite approving them. Only got he email 2 hours after it were ent up for order
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #395
fsdre
Mephisto

1st one already sold on eBay for 1200
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #396
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
1st one already sold on eBay for 1200
Considering how the exclusives were selling around 1.4 to 1.5k with a 250 ES a 100 ES piece for 1.2 is a great deal in comparison. I doubt we'll see many at that price once the dust settles.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #397
fsdre
Mephisto

Where do you think this piece will settle on the after market?
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #398
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
Where do you think this piece will settle on the after market?
My two cents say that conservatively it will take the place vacated by the EX and sell around 1.5K.

Cons: It doesn't have the massive audience that Thanos attracted to go much higher than that and with the 250 ES exclusives out there the presence of both EXs on the market ends up cannibalising each other.

Pros: A rare ES of 100, a more faithful paint app to the film and a Hogarth that both shows scale and adds presence to the piece.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:46 PM   #399
MissRoMayo
Fantastic Four

The Iron Giant definitely has a decent following. The Mondo regular figure was selling for triple on ebay despite the large edition size and it's only recently that I've seen auctions for around 800 or lower, so I'd imagine the statue will definitely hold it's value very well. I have a number of non-collector friends with the Mondo figure (so I guess that now makes them collectors, haha). They were perfectly happy to shell out for it even though they had nothing else in their collections, so I'm sure the new statue would be sought after by actual collectors.
MissRoMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:50 PM   #400
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

You guys are really talking about secondary market values 7 hours after the statue waitlist?

Why?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote