Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #31
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskullrudd View Post
I think its crazy to build any fighter up as 'unbeatable' its just setting someone up to fall. There hasn't be a fighter yet who has lived up to that. M1's game plan was always going to blow up in their face. Honestly I thought cracks were showing in Fedor's game when he fought Arlofski. But I still agree, I think he could do some damage in the UFC. I just worry the fans have been robbed of some of the better fights...I mean 3 years ago him and couture? Money. Now......hmmm not sure on that.
Too bad GSP N Anderson Silva couldn't fight him...those would be spectacular...the striking and the Ju Jitsu battles would be phenomenal...
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #32
redskullrudd
I am da law!

you nailed it Chris - submissions aren't really the watershed for a career altering loss, often even a BJJ expert makes a small mistake and its done. BJJ is more like baseball where you need a series of matches to truly determine the outcome....which is exactly why I was saying a loss in MMA doesn't meant too much.
But....I still think Fedor missed his big money window and fighting the greats of his generation in their prime.....
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #33
liamsynclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Pff..you guys are all reading too much into this loss for Fedor. He's still the best in the world. He just got too eager in finishing the dude and got caught by a BJJ expert. It was so early in the fight, that it means nothing...not to take anything away from Werdum.

Kung Li was beast..Cyborg destroyed that chick....good stuff. Fedor made a rare and stupid mistake...not so good stuff.
Well when they amp the audience as they have done that he is hands down the best fighter in the sport to date...then he always postpones his fights for some weird reasons...then finally he fights after 3 reschedules and gets submitted in less than 30 seconds...people are going to wonder if he's the best...why the stupid mistake...the best don't make stupid mistakes!...but that response comes from the average fan and that falls back on M1 and their crap Fedor philosophy
Old 06-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #34
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Keep fooling yourselves fellas. Fedor knew he couldn't compete with the likes of Lesnar...much less Carwin. That's why he took the contract with Strickeforce, thinking he could bully people around for even greater contracts. He knew deep inside that he was not able to stand toe to toe with the best (UFC fighters) anymore.

Strikeforce is a joke, and that is why all their headliners are getting their ass kicked. At least Dana (as much of a prick he seem to portray), still brings us the best fight cards.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:37 AM   #35
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
Keep fooling yourselves fellas. Fedor knew he couldn't compete with the likes of Lesnar...much less Carwin. That's why he took the contract with Strickeforce, thinking he could bully people around for even greater contracts. He knew deep inside that he was not able to stand toe to toe with the best (UFC fighters) anymore.

Strikeforce is a joke, and that is why all their headliners are getting their ass kicked. At least Dana (as much of a prick he seem to portray), still brings us the best fight cards.
Couldnt have said it better, he just wanted to milk the myth status for all it was worth knowing full well he couldnt live up to the hype much longer, feel sorry for the guy, he did show himself to be a class act in defeat.

Werdum looks to have went through a physical transformation himself, he looked real tight.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #36
liamsynclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Couldnt have said it better, he just wanted to milk the myth status for all it was worth knowing full well he couldnt live up to the hype much longer, feel sorry for the guy, he did show himself to be a class act in defeat.

Werdum looks to have went through a physical transformation himself, he looked real tight.
Yeah he did...Werdum is proving himself a force to be reckoned with...He defeated both Emelianenko brothers (he submitted Fedors lil bro a while back)...and he submitted Overeem as well but that was a few years ago I think
Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #37
liamsynclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post

I don't think its not that Fedor can't compete...I think he suffers from a few things...1)Roy Jones Syndrome...when he was mostly fighting...wasn't fighting any1, now theirs people to fight (the sport is catching its stride) he's getting older so he may be a little slower nowadays and 2) his crap a$$ agent...selling the Fedor name, myth, and image instead of getting him in the octagon and 3) he's on the cover of an EA sport game box, the Madden curse but for MMA 4) he didn't understand what he needed to do to stay on top I.E. he said it best himself "if you don't fall, you don't know how to stand up"...brilliantly said...if u never loose, don't know what it really means to win! He's always been the best or regarded as the best...he doesn't know that feeling to beat the best or that drive to wanna beat the best...now after that loss I think he looks at the game in a different way and hell either retire or step up and kick the snap out of every1...
Old 07-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #38
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

I hope Fedor goes to UFC. I would like to watch a Fedor vs. CroCop rematch.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #39
liamsynclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridimous View Post
I hope Fedor goes to UFC. I would like to watch a Fedor vs. CroCop rematch.
Regardless of who wins 2morrow...if Fedor went to the UFC...Brock or Carwin would be my 1st choices...
Old 07-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #40
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
Regardless of who wins 2morrow...if Fedor went to the UFC...Brock or Carwin would be my 1st choices...
Fedor vs. Carwin would be a good fight. I would rather watch Fedor vs. Silva. And UFC needs to start paying these fighters more money for the show they put.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote