Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 12-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #111
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Much more limited than Thanos and from a less popular license, but I see your point.

The moment you start doing translucent skin, hair and see through water effects the prices are going to shoot up. Inversely, Sideshow decided to throw light up effects on Thanos after the original reveal.

Spec fiction has this for $1600 with pay up front option
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #112
travis
A.I.M.

At that price it should have a Bilbo or Frodo with glow in dark sting....hell, I woulda made it a real water holding piece with filtration and put some real live guppies in it...I still want Andy Serkis to hand it to me and sign it during a Steak Dinner
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #113
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

They'll meet you half way: You get Andy to take a look at the sales manifesto for this piece and you buy yourself a TV dinner.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #114
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Ordered! I don't want to lose out on this piece. Sooooo pissed at the price.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #115
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Much more limited than Thanos and from a less popular license, but I see your point.

The moment you start doing translucent skin, hair and see through water effects the prices are going to shoot up. Inversely, Sideshow decided to throw light up effects on Thanos after the original reveal.

Spec fiction has this for $1600 with pay up front option
I didn't realize retailers would be getting these. I read somewhere that it was Weta exclusive. Clearly that's not the case.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #116
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Ordered! I don't want to lose out on this piece. Sooooo pissed at the price.
Good point. There will probably only be 575 of these in stock prior to next years BF reverse auction sale....
Old 12-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #117
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
At that price it should have a Bilbo or Frodo with glow in dark sting....hell, I woulda made it a real water holding piece with filtration and put some real live guppies in it...I still want Andy Serkis to hand it to me and sign it during a Steak Dinner
Start saving your pennies. We both know these will be under 1K come next November. And with the money you save you can fly Andy Serkis over and buy him a steak dinner.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #118
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Good point. There will probably only be 575 of these in stock prior to next years BF reverse auction sale....
It doesn't look like this statue is flying off the shelf. Yes, I am sure these will be on next year's BF reverse auction sale, due to the high price tag.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #119
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
It doesn't look like this statue is flying off the shelf. Yes, I am sure these will be on next year's BF reverse auction sale, due to the high price tag.
Without a doubt it's stunning looking, but the price is a deal breaker for the vast majority I'm afraid. Even more so for those living in Europe who have to pay an additional 20% VAT. I'm not sure what Weta was thinking producing a 16 1/2" statue [the majority of which is rock] for $1800, but I don't think this ends well.

From what I hear Weta has already began work on the 2nd statue in the line....depending on the price, it might also be the last.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:46 PM   #120
FROBAY
Phoenix

I think Weta will rethink this whole line. The other bigger characters will most likely be in the 2500.00 range. Prime 1's Big Azz 1/3 Swamp Thing is 1600.00. I know it's apple and oranges but I don't see the market for this expensive line. NOW, if the other characters are limited to 100-150 I see it happening. Being super limited is a big deal.

I might have ordered if Gollum was Edition size 150

10-12 month payment plan would have helped them. Personally, I don't like to flex pay anything over 100.00 a month.

Chronicle & HCG has it going on with their 10 pay

Last edited by FROBAY; 12-01-2017 at 01:51 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote