Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-23-2020, 07:22 AM   #1421
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
I have the cyclops coming next, What’s wrong with him? Size, quality?
I wouldn’t say there’s anything “wrong” with him. To me he just came as a filler piece. His base is plane, he is small. IMO not a whole lot of dynamics to it.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:05 AM   #1422
pau123
Sailor Moon

Cyclops just seem ok. The other X-men just seem super well done.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #1423
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Cyclops really deserved better. He does seem like a filler piece that they just "got it over with."
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:49 AM   #1424
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Received my Gambit yesterday. He looks great! He is however, and I knew this beforehand, REALLY hard to fit into a case that has a shelf that is only 18" deep and 36" wide. I was going to put him on a shelf with Colossus and Rogue, since they have the matching bases. But he has 2 things really going against him to make that work, the staff in the back and the cards arc in the front. Seemed no matter where I put him (I tried a bunch of different setups including these 3 on the 1 shelf), He really blocked the other 2 and took up too much space. So due to my current other setups I had to put Gambit angled on a shelf with Colossus, and moved Rogue down with Magneto and Sabretooth.

So although I am happy with Gambit, and think he looks great, I do kind of wish SS had gone with a more less dynamic pose. Not the level of XM where he is blowing off his own foot, but maybe not so much in a "dashing" or "lounging" forward pose. Compared to the other X-Men in this line, he just seems a little over the top dynamic to me.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #1425
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

can you share a pic of him in your display? im curious to see people who have him in a display case with smaller depth dimensions than the statue face forward.
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #1426
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Just received it. And Gambit is awesome, the most impressive statue in my collection hands down !
I'm so happy with my display right now : Rogue and Gambit on the top shelf of my besta and Domino and Cable just below them.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:00 PM   #1427
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Just received it. And Gambit is awesome, the most impressive statue in my collection hands down !
I'm so happy with my display right now : Rogue and Gambit on the top shelf of my besta and Domino and Cable just below them.
would you mind sharing a photo of your Gambit in the Besta?? thanks.
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #1428
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Yes of course I'll take some tomorrow because I live in France and it's the night, I prefer to take them in daylight and not at 2:39 am
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:37 PM   #1429
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Congrats Frayhor! The two star crossed lovers reunited!
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:56 PM   #1430
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Received mine. This piece is truly fantastic, definitely the most impressive piece in my collection. My only concern is taking him apart again to get back into the box - the claw part of the base and the jacket were super tight to put on. Still curious about the engineering of this as well, but given that my Spidey PF is still holding up perfectly perched on one hand I have some faith in Sideshow.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote