Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 09-13-2023, 10:23 AM   #1061
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Psylocke PF (2023) by Sideshow Collectibles

Arrived today. Nothing broken. Zero issues with the portrait, speaking of which, I love that portrait!
Based on experience, I can confirm, Psylocke appears to have been made by a 'good' factory.

The Out of the Box photo's above were shot using different camera setting (in natural daylight) hence the light and dark types of shot.

On first inspection I thought the skin-tone looked on the dark side.
Having been looking at the statue for the past 2hrs, my eyes have adjusted to liking the skin-tone.
Obviously the dark skin-tone is to reflect the time, it being night.

The paint app is sharp. No sloppy lines that I can see.

Due to nature of the pose, Psylocke comes across as small. The pose works well.
The right arm about to grab the katana works better (in my opinion) than the swap out arm featuring pink/purple psi-blade

The Base:
The large stone lantern on which Psylocke is perched works well,
as does the light-up feature (powered by a long USB cable and operated with a 'push' on/off switch).

The area of base below the lantern - the stones work well, although the mist? works less well, as it looks like melting snow or foam.
They should have left that out and stuck with the stones. They should have left the plants out also.

The detachable section of base behind the lantern featuring path, buildings, moon, cloud..
is not a concept I am sold.
When the time comes to display Psylocke in a permanent location, I think I will leave this section of base in the box, as it looks tacky.

Hyper-picky:
The 3 throwing stars. I like the idea. They should have made the stars from metal.
They should have made the stars smaller. If Psylocke was to grab a star and throw it, it would be like her throwing a dinner plate or frisbee.
I will be leaving the silver plastic stars in the box.

Psylocke's feet. I am not normally drawn towards a statues foot size, but something about Psylocke's feet make them look very big.
Does anyone else who owns Psylocke think her feet look large?

The base. See comments above.

All in all, I can say I am happy to have Psylocke in the collection.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:32 AM   #1062
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If you don't mind me asking, but why just one angle primarily for all your pics?
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:36 AM   #1063
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, but why just one angle primarily for all your pics?
With Psylocke only one angle works, and that's because of the Moon. With the Moon out of view, i took a slightly different angle.
Most of my other pieces, i have taken pics from various angles - front, back, side, upwards, downwards etc
Old 09-13-2023, 10:48 AM   #1064
Augen
Metal Men

Looks great, glad she turned out so well.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 11:37 AM   #1065
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think this is the best Psylocke statue there is. I particularly like the statue because of the posture.
I didn't order the statue because it was too expensive for me.

Congratulations on the great piece.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 03:04 PM   #1066
AC_808
Hercules

Love this statue as well. Everything about this statue is perfect ...glad I got her.

Only wish SSC had made her such that one of her legs was straightened out more with a slight bend.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 04:20 PM   #1067
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With Psylocke only one angle works, and that's because of the Moon. With the Moon out of view, i took a slightly different angle.
Most of my other pieces, i have taken pics from various angles - front, back, side, upwards, downwards etc
I feel that when I was shooting her you had to manipulate the lighting/aperture and the angles of your lens/camera. That would allow you to get those unique shots that only this statue could offer. I believe in the end that forced prospective made the shoot a little challenging, but if you pulled it off you could get some very creative shots of her with that prospective sitting behind her.

I believe she was so photogenic when it came to her close ups. I can't remember too many statues that could rival her when it came to her close ups pics under the lights.

I definitely think that the black backdrop works best when trying to shoot with the forced prospective on this statue, while trying to gain that separation at the same time from the subject.

Some good work there, sir!
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 09:55 PM   #1068
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With all the same angle, a great study of effects different lights.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 06:19 PM   #1069
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Love the new Psylocke, I think she looks great! Congrats!
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 02:48 AM   #1070
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
With all the same angle, a great study of effects different lights.
Believe it or not, the lighting in the room was the same for all shots. It was natural daylight filter through window blinds.
The some what ancient camera i use, which is a Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 MEGA PIXELS DSC-P200
has a small dial there offers different modes, 'P' 'SCN' 'M' 'Camera' which produce different results under the same light conditions.
I really should look more into what they all mean.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s...c-p200/manuals
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup.../25828531M.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Love the new Psylocke, I think she looks great! Congrats!
Thanks!