Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-30-2022, 10:15 AM   #171
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
People want to see and hear what they want to see and hear. I don't even sweat it anymore.

No one seems to mention the stereotypical females the show has portrayed. It's been pretty equal opportunity fun making all around in the show, but whatever.

I haven't watched the most recent episode but if something interesting doesn't happen soon, I'm out.
I watched it and you won't be missing much. I am willing to give all Marvel properties a chance but this one has been very boring in my opinion. Probably would have been better as a trimmed down 1 hour 40 minute movie when it is all said and done.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:28 AM   #172
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Also, as a quick aside, I really enjoy all of the actors on this. I think they have been let down by the writing though.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:31 AM   #173
nearmint
Phoenix

I don't think adult men are this show's target audience.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:32 AM   #174
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Probably right
Old 09-30-2022, 11:07 AM   #175
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I watched it and you won't be missing much. I am willing to give all Marvel properties a chance but this one has been very boring in my opinion. Probably would have been better as a trimmed down 1 hour 40 minute movie when it is all said and done.
That's too bad. Oh well, short episodes... little investment.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:13 AM   #176
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

People today are so sensitive. Where is all the rage at The Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle, or Modern Family for portraying the wife as smart while the husband is dumb. Those are a few examples that immediately came into my head, but there are many, many more. It's not a new trope--The Simpsons is on it's 32nd season, I believe. It's certainly not limited to tv or only female-targeted media.

Such a stupid thing to cry about, but in this day and age of "I want what I want when I want it", the pushback shouldn't surprise me.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:20 AM   #177
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
People want to see and hear what they want to see and hear. I don't even sweat it anymore.

No one seems to mention the stereotypical females the show has portrayed. It's been pretty equal opportunity fun making all around in the show, but whatever.

I haven't watched the most recent episode but if something interesting doesn't happen soon, I'm out.
Yeah, I keep waiting for her to just destroy someone in a fight but no real fight yet, no suit, and no Daredevil yet. I actually just try and block the agenda out most of the time and not focus on it.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:08 PM   #178
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Yeah, I keep waiting for her to just destroy someone in a fight but no real fight yet, no suit, and no Daredevil yet. I actually just try and block the agenda out most of the time and not focus on it.
Why was the fight at the wedding so pathetic? I just don't understand the concept around the show.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #179
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I'd say for people who watch this much and not enjoy it, might be time to move on.

Is it what I wanted? Eh, but I accept they went a different route and either watch on its terms or skip.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:00 PM   #180
SONICobra
Batman

im still watching it just in case something does happen i might find interesting and/or that effects the mcu as a whole. pretty hard to ignore the giant "F you" to men in general though each episode. i do enjoy jens sarcasm, i think her and i would get along just fine
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote