Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-18-2016, 06:03 PM   #41
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Vince Gilligan & crew continue to do a stellar job with this series. If you know what's coming with Breaking Bad, then a big part of the fun of this show is wondering if "this" is the event that leads to "that", and so on. Last night's episode was full of "this-es".

I did find the scene with Mike and the two thugs meeting in the parking garage to be very strange. The loudmouth thug was exactly right: why in the world would Mike show up without a gun? And then for it to go down like that, well... Mike is cool, but that whole scene was too "super-heroish" for this show.

I believe next week is the season finale...
Chuck Norris is a pussycat next to Mike.

Mike relies on his superhuman speed and extra sensory awareness. Even if someone has a gun, he can smack the person on the side of their head (causing them to lose all feeling in their hands) faster than they can pull the trigger. He also has the ability to shatter bone simply by poking someone with his index finger.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #42
Babytoxie
Ghost

I think you've got it.

I'm not sure why I haven't been posting on Season 2, as I consider it to be even better than 1. Things continue to move slowly, but the direction seems more deliberate now.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:15 PM   #43
MrYac
Hercules

Chuck sucks so dang much
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:41 AM   #44
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I think you've got it.

I'm not sure why I haven't been posting on Season 2, as I consider it to be even better than 1. Things continue to move slowly, but the direction seems more deliberate now.
I would say the pace has defiantly picked up over season 1, I have a feeling that Season 3 will even get better as he becomes the sly lawyer from Breaking Bad
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #45
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Chuck sucks so dang much
Chuck does, but Michael McKean running around outdoors with a space blanket over his head is the gift that keeps giving.

When he gave up being a lawyer and blamed the electricity for his supposed error, I think Jimmy should have had his BS detector up at full power.

It was a good end to the season though.

Mike's story on the other hand, I mean come on. Throw us something dammit. I learned more watching the Talk show after than actually watching the episode. They really Negan'ed us.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #46
MrYac
Hercules

I think the problem with mike is that we already know where he and his supporting players end up, so they need to string it out a bit longer. Jimmy on the other hand has a bit more mystery since aside from Saul we're totally in the dark about the others in his life.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #47
johnclone
The Enchantress

Well, if everyone watched Breaking Bad they know about Hector, so that was no surprise, but I expected he'd shoot the gun at least and something would happen after that. The car horn was a real letdown for me unless they had showed us who did that. In the post game show they hinted HEAVILY that it had something to do with Gus. So I guess that is something. I just felt unsatisfied with that part of the show's season finale.

But the scene with Jimmy and Chuck was excellent and I loved the way it ended. That is a proper cliffhanger. Chuck knew his brother too well, he knew how to manipulate him, he played him like a fiddle.

I just love the way Michael M runs around looking up at the sky and all around him as if in intense agony.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #48
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
The car horn was a real letdown for me unless they had showed us who did that. In the post game show they hinted HEAVILY that it had something to do with Gus.
If you take the first letter from each episode title it spells FRINGS BACK.

The producers were stunned that fans figured it out so quickly, but they said not to expect to see Gus back very early next season, if at all. He's most likely behind the car horn even if he himself didn't set it off.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:11 PM   #49
MrYac
Hercules

there was literally nobody else that could've been responsible for the horn besides Gus unless it was just a total random in which case they wouldn't have bothered showing us the note.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:41 PM   #50
johnclone
The Enchantress

My first thought watching the episode was that there had been some agent surveiling Hector's operation, I know Mike gets involved with Gus eventually, but from the episode alone what made it so obvious that it had to be him?