Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #41
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Isn't it fun having female-based collections?!
Awesome display. I've sold a lot of my smaller pieces. They only ones I really have now are bishoujos.
Heh, thanks. It totally is.

I have a couple of Wolverine busts, and I got my husband a Walker bust from Powers, but that's it for guys in my collection really. For me it's all about the girls. Until I get my Baby Groot FunkoPop figure of course.

Sculpts of females are just so much prettier to look at! I love the size of the larger Bishoujos as well. They display well and don't take up too much space. I'd love to get some Bowens or a Sideshow or two, but they just take up too much room. I don't have the real-estate to dedicate to them, so the PVC size statues are perfect for me. I don't know that I'd want to go much smaller than the original Bishoujo sizes though. The larger scales ones are the best.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #42
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowcaizer View Post
That's the spirit! Your video reviews on the bishoujo line are awesome.
Thanks. It looks doubtful Feddy and Starfire. Maybe at some point but I have to pass for now. Money is too tight at the moment.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #43
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Here's my video review of my Cammy Street Fighter Bishoujo PVC Statue by Kotobukiya based on the Art of Shunya Yama----a! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzaU...ature=youtu.be
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:08 AM   #44
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
Here's my video review of my Cammy Street Fighter Bishoujo PVC Statue by Kotobukiya based on the Art of Shunya Yama----a! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzaU...ature=youtu.be
Great review my man! Cute kid too.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #45
kinggrizz
Frackin!

My name is Matt, I'm an addict.

It all started about 2 or 3 months ago. I read that Kotobukiya, a company I was unfamiliar with, was releasing a statue of Jubilee, my favorite Marvel character since childhood. I thought the design was cute, so I figured why not. I unleashed Pandora's box.

I started looking at the past releases & being a big X-Men fan, I resigned myself to ONLY buying statues of characters I like. I started with the new release of Psylocke. I also really liked Street Fighter growing up, so I picked up Chun-Li as well. Why not, I thought.

Soon, I found myself looking at the very first releases, thinking about all the people enjoying a pretty Dark Phoenix or Emma Frost, my second favorite X-Woman. That's when I snapped.

I couldn't stop; I wanted them all. I've never liked DC, but I always loved Catwoman & Poison Ivy as characters. I loved Mass Effect 3. I started watching Hiero's reviews on Youtube (shout-out!), jealously thinking why don't I have them all?!

I haven't hit bottom yet, who knows if I ever will. This is the result of my addiction.

Updated with the latest picture of the collection!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	88688  
kinggrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:51 AM   #46
dmist24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

^ Superb! You've only spent 3 months to collect all of those? You even got some rares over there. (e.g. rogue, catwoman, liara.) I wonder how much you spent on buying those hard to find ones.

You're very lucky to find almost, or even most of the bishoujos. You paid premium prices on them? or SRP?
dmist24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #47
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggrizz View Post
It all started about 2 or 3 months ago. I read that Kotobukiya, a company I was unfamiliar with, was releasing a statue of Jubilee, my favorite Marvel character since childhood. I thought the design was cute, so I figured why not. I unleashed Pandora's box.

I started looking at the past releases & being a big X-Men fan, I resigned myself to ONLY buying statues of characters I like. I started with the new release of Psylocke. I also really liked Street Fighter growing up, so I picked up Chun-Li as well. Why not, I thought.

Soon, I found myself looking at the very first releases, thinking about all the people enjoying a pretty Dark Phoenix or Emma Frost, my second favorite X-Woman. That's when I snapped.

I couldn't stop; I wanted them all. I've never liked DC, but I always loved Catwoman & Poison Ivy as characters. I loved Mass Effect 3. I started watching Hiero's reviews on Youtube (shout-out!), jealously thinking why don't I have them all?!

I haven't hit bottom yet, who knows if I ever will. This is the result of my addiction.

OMG you are an addict! LOL you got everything even the variants! considering you started like 3 months ago..good job and nice collection there!
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:41 AM   #48
kinggrizz
Frackin!

As much as I am ashamed to say it, I definitely wasn't able to get the older ones for retail (I WISH!!!!) but I tried to be VERY pragmatic & exhaust all options (Ebay, Japan's Yahoo Auctions, Amazon Japan, Overseas stores, etc.) to make sure that I was getting them for prices I could live with myself for paying (or at least be able to justify it to myself.)

There have actually been SHOCKING differences in prices, even with overseas shipping! Hint hint, Bioware Variant of FemShep on Amazon Japan as we speak.

Some of them I think I actually got pretty decent deals on (I was able to get a brand new Liara for $100 last month!) & some I bit the bullet with (oh Catwoman.)

For the most part, I try & cut it off at only paying double what retail was (only for older statues!) so things don't get out of hand (although I REALLY want White Phoenix.........)
kinggrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:18 AM   #49
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Haha AMAZING! U need to go to rehab fast haha
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #50
Gowcaizer
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Great collection. You are an addict. You will have the bottom shelf filled in no time!
Gowcaizer is offline   Reply With Quote