Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

View Poll Results: Which version of Rogue is better?
1st version (sentinel head as base) 29 46.77%
2nd version (sentinel hand as base) 33 53.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #11
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
I don't like the second version very much at all. Her faces seems too realistic and to be honest, her body (especially her chest), seems a bit too average for Rouge. The first one felt totally Jim Lee, which fit the line much better than this one. The first one also had a much more fitting pose too.
Average? Really? Rogue has never been known for a big chest area. Her biggest asset is at the derrière. No offense, but some of the criticism sounds too absurd to me.

JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:59 AM   #12
Skully
A day without sunshine is like... night.

While i do agree that we should be thankful to be getting rogue, i dont think criticisms here and there would be bad because from a buying potential standpoint, it is irrelevant because we all know all of us are going to still buy her regardless. Lol constructive criticism will actually help with the tweakings imo since this is still a prototype.

As for the results so far, i am actually surprised its almost neck and neck. I guess the one that liked the 2nd version better than the first one just arent as vocal?
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #13
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

**Double post
Old 10-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #14
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully View Post
While i do agree that we should be thankful to be getting rogue, i dont think criticisms here and there would be bad because from a buying potential standpoint, it is irrelevant because we all know all of us are going to still buy her regardless. Lol constructive criticism will actually help with the tweakings imo since this is still a prototype.

As for the results so far, i am actually surprised its almost neck and neck. I guess the one that liked the 2nd version better than the first one just arent as vocal?
I don't have a problem with constructive criticism but with downright nitpicking. What surprises me is that most of the critics are those that hardly spent any time giving feedback on this forum to Koto or Erick for that matter. Then out of the blue, they decide to fuss about little things that have nothing to do with improving the work of the artist, but are mainly based on personal preference.

Many of us fought hard and heavy to get this statue done. We took it vehemently to Facebook and other social sites to get our voices heard. After a long battle and with Erick's support, we got what we wanted from Koto and that speaks volumes of the company and our community.

Although I agree with some of the assessments made; I believe that we should be careful of what we say. We might end up shooting ourselves in the foot for being so damn picky.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #15
Skully

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
I don't have a problem with constructive criticism but with downright nitpicking. What surprises me is that most of the critics are those that hardly spent any time giving feedback on this forum to Koto or Erick for that matter. Then out of the blue, they decide to fuss about little things that have nothing to do with improving the artist's work.

Many of us fought hard and heavy to get this statue done. We took it vehemently to Facebook and other social sites to get our voice heard. After a long battle and with Erick's support, we got what we wanted from Koto and that speaks volumes of the company and our community.

Although I agree with some of the assessments made; I believe that we should be careful of what we say. We might end up shooting ourselves in the foot for being so damn picky.
i do agree totally that nitpicking is silly. based on the comments on this poll though, i honestly didn't get that vibe. i agree to most of the criticism like:

face paint is off
stilettos
belt

one thing i don't agree on is the body sculpt which i think is perfect! the 2nd version for "me" is miles better compared to the 1st.

this i will say though, i''ll bet my money none of the issues are a deal breaker to fine art collectors. lol if the stilletos or belt can't be changed, i am totally cool with it and it's only a plus for me if it does get changed. for the face paint however, PLEASE Kotobukiya, do Eric's sculpt justice! lol
Old 10-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #16
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like the pose on the 2nd (never bothered with the first Rogue) but the headsculpts kill it for me. Something about the eyes on the long-haired portrait are scaring me...the short-haired portrait belongs on a bishoujo.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #17
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
I don't have a problem with constructive criticism but with downright nitpicking. What surprises me is that most of the critics are those that hardly spent any time giving feedback on this forum to Koto or Erick for that matter. Then out of the blue, they decide to fuss about little things that have nothing to do with improving the work of the artist, but are mainly based on personal preference.

Many of us fought hard and heavy to get this statue done. We took it vehemently to Facebook and other social sites to get our voices heard. After a long battle and with Erick's support, we got what we wanted from Koto and that speaks volumes of the company and our community.

Preach Brother JP. Preach! I highly doubt that anyone who took a proactive role in bringing Rogue back is nitpicking. They remember the struggle. This statue is already the best depiction of Jim Lee Rogue at this scale. If the paints come out competently, then I'll give her the overall award myself.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #18
Skully

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Preach Brother JP. Preach! I highly doubt that anyone who took a proactive role in bringing Rogue back is nitpicking. They remember the struggle. This statue is already the best depiction of Jim Lee Rogue at this scale. If the paints come out competently, then I'll give her the overall award myself.
i understand both of your sentiments guys. i wasn't around for the first version. i actually just started collecting 2 months ago. i admire the passion you guys have for this line! so with that, i say thank you!

i hope i am not doing anything wrong here. i just want a friendly interaction with fellow collectors and see how everyone feels.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #19
stellaspeed
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I am really curious as to which rogue version has more fans? Reason is i really hated the 1st version because of the face and hair but i noticed tons of people think otherwise so i am wondering is it just me? Lol
I am not joking when I say this. I am this happy that we are getting a fine art statue rogue. If the first one came out I would of owned that one if this 2nd one was still coming out I would of gotten this one aswell. I am this a fan of rogue from day one. But they are both good pieces and if I have to pick one I would say this 2nd one this do to the first one has the normal erick sosa look for females and this 2nd one not so much. But that's me.
stellaspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #20
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
i understand both of your sentiments guys. i wasn't around for the first version. i actually just started collecting 2 months ago. i admire the passion you guys have for this line! so with that, i say thank you!

i hope i am not doing anything wrong here. i just want a friendly interaction with fellow collectors and see how everyone feels.
Nothing personal, Skully. I admire your new collector fever because I was there once too. I do not disagree with the question but with the blunt answers made by some. It is ok to criticize and bring some good feedback to the table. That makes the conversation fun. On the other hand, it is not ok to find faults and invisible flaws at every corner. Intransigence is a collector's Achilles heel. I have learnt this the hard way.