Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #101
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Wow, haven't properly looked through comments for a bit and see this thread.... see sooo many people whining about the base so go back one page... another... another... just more comments about base size and I'm thinking "wow this base must be huge!", back further and more complaints... by now I'm thinking "wow this base be the size of a small dog or child sandbox..." Finally get back to the photos...

Is everyone serious??!? You all really think that base is huge? I don't think it looks any bigger than most of the statues we have seen of late. In fact I think it looks small by comparison to most. The fact that Batgirl is coming out from the base gives the whole statue a large footprint, yes, but that is soooooooo cool! She looks so dynamic. Perfect work of art to display!

Anyone who thinks this is big please don't purchase Black Panther, Namor, Sandman, Batman, Ghost Rider... you will quite literally ---- yourself. Looks no bigger than even SS Wolverine BC or Phoenix..

I absolutely love the concept and design so far and can't wait to see more, I want it!
I find that people that complain about the base being too big are the ones that can't fit it in a besta. It's simple, find another place to put it! I wouldn't want a smaller base. A base can make or break a statue. Xm is known for their bases and I don't want them to stop making big or elorborate bases because people can't fit it in a besta. Custom cabinets or put it on a table or pedestal fellas!
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #102
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I find that people that complain about the base being too big are the ones that can't fit it in a besta. It's simple, find another place to put it! I wouldn't want a smaller base. A base can make or break a statue. Xm is known for their bases and I don't want them to stop making big or elorborate bases because people can't fit it in a besta. Custom cabinets or put it on a table or pedestal fellas!
I don't think people are complaining that the base is too big. No one complained when she was faced in the opposite direction. It's the combination of the base and her leaping off of it at a severe angle that makes it difficult to display.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #103
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I love the big base and the theme of it all. You don't have space for the epic base then too damn bad. XM loves their big bases so it shouldn't be any secret to you by now. As far as it changing, it's not like too many other past XM pieces shrunk considerably because of few complained about the size. So it should be here to stay, which I'm happy to see.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #104
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Wow, haven't properly looked through comments for a bit and see this thread.... see sooo many people whining about the base so go back one page... another... another... just more comments about base size and I'm thinking "wow this base must be huge!", back further and more complaints... by now I'm thinking "wow this base be the size of a small dog or child sandbox..." Finally get back to the photos...

Is everyone serious??!? You all really think that base is huge? I don't think it looks any bigger than most of the statues we have seen of late. In fact I think it looks small by comparison to most. The fact that Batgirl is coming out from the base gives the whole statue a large footprint, yes, but that is soooooooo cool! She looks so dynamic. Perfect work of art to display!

Anyone who thinks this is big please don't purchase Black Panther, Namor, Sandman, Batman, Ghost Rider... you will quite literally ---- yourself. Looks no bigger than even SS Wolverine BC or Phoenix..

I absolutely love the concept and design so far and can't wait to see more, I want it!

It's an Internet forum, it's what people love to do. Complain about things just for the sake of it.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #105
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

My problem isn't the size of the base, but how she connects to it. She is about to leave the base completely. It makes the base look like an EX you could have bought the statue without. If she was standing up straight on it then it would be awesome.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #106
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
My problem isn't the size of the base, but how she connects to it. She is about to leave the base completely. It makes the base look like an EX you could have bought the statue without. If she was standing up straight on it then it would be awesome.

That I can understand. You never know, it might have multiple display options like vulture and this base seems to be able to support that.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:57 PM   #107
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I don't know how the Vulture statue worked. Were you able to place him on other parts of the base?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #108
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You are able to mount him at the very top, or down on the slope.

My idea is a modification of that for Batgirl, just on opposite sides of the base.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:24 PM   #109
AC_808
Hercules

[QUOTE=Demona;5463659]You are able to mount him at the very top, or down on the slope.

My idea is a modification of that for Batgirl, just on opposite sides of the base.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Easiest fix in my opinion.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #110
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

That's awesome, and yeah that would solve all my issues