Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 04-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
D-Master
Frackin!

Azzer'Hi HQS statue Aleksi Briclot X Tsume-Art Kickstarter

So guys, check this out!

I am not sure if you're all familiar with the kick-ass statues made by Tsume-Art from Luxembourg but they started an awesome Kickstarter project today based on a character design coming from talented artist Aleksi Briclot.

The character is called Azzar'Hi (World of Wonders)
They only make 250 pcs WW! The design looks stunning! And having seen the HQS statue line from Tsume-Art in person we can expect some real quality and hardcore dynamic design!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ds-and-wonders
D-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Master View Post
So guys, check this out!

I am not sure if you're all familiar with the kick-ass statues made by Tsume-Art from Luxembourg but they started an awesome Kickstarter project today based on a character design coming from talented artist Aleksi Briclot.

The character is called Azzar'Hi (World of Wonders)
They only make 250 pcs WW! The design looks stunning! And having seen the HQS statue line from Tsume-Art in person we can expect some real quality and hardcore dynamic design!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ds-and-wonders
This is an amazing deal.....

I'm surprised it's not sold-out yet.

http://itakon.it/forum/showthread.ph...HQS-Azzar%92Hi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images3ZJHJL1C.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	89960   Click image for larger version

Name:	1048720_671001982925663_680669098_o[1].jpg
Views:	43
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	89961   Click image for larger version

Name:	468065_587657577922072_1034360341_o[1].jpg
Views:	21
Size:	356.4 KB
ID:	89962   Click image for larger version

Name:	963916_587659644588532_1701896746_o[1].jpg
Views:	15
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	89963   Click image for larger version

Name:	965810_587659994588497_462209154_o[1].jpg
Views:	16
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	89964  

Click image for larger version

Name:	979996_587659321255231_1620524559_o[1].jpg
Views:	18
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	89965  
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
This is an amazing deal.....

I'm surprised it's not sold-out yet.

http://itakon.it/forum/showthread.ph...HQS-Azzar%92Hi
It hasn't been up long and it's an unknown universe and it's like $570 in the US :P I'm not surprised :<

Also wish she wasn't tilted quite that far too the left, but otherwise yes it does look amazing
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #4
D-Master
Frackin!

The details in the armor and use of color are nuts! Doa2, the statue is €399 (which is close to $399) because of the rate these days. 238 of the 250 pcs WW will be signed by the artist Aleksi Briclot and the Tsume-Art team. Very cool!
D-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
dao2
Cyclops

399 + 125 shipping to the US is roughly $570 (I know caused I already backed :P)
Old 04-27-2015, 06:03 PM   #6
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Interesting, but.......if you want to check out things like this and not just buy commercial pieces from the main collectibles producers, there is stuff being produced all the time by quiet unassuming artists.....for considerably less money. While this piece certainly looks nice, it's nowhere near some of the garage kits available...... And certainly not at the price they want.

I find it interesting that this group was €50000 to make a garage kit?! And €250 for an unpainted kit (at this scale) is savage..,. Not to mention the additional €100 shipping! I mean, free postage in France, Luxembourg and Belgium which jumps a staggering €100 for Germany, UK, etc and Australia and the USA?!? My geography isn't great, nor is my understanding of postal logistic costs, but when a company charges me the same price as Australia and US, when I effectively live next door....well, that's a red flag right there. I'm not saying these guys are ripping people off, but when they can't grasp something as fundamental as graded postal charges, you have to wonder about their ability to manage the project.

Just saying.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Interesting, but.......if you want to check out things like this and not just buy commercial pieces from the main collectibles producers, there is stuff being produced all the time by quiet unassuming artists.....for considerably less money. While this piece certainly looks nice, it's nowhere near some of the garage kits available...... And certainly not at the price they want.

I find it interesting that this group was €50000 to make a garage kit?! And €250 for an unpainted kit (at this scale) is savage..,. Not to mention the additional €100 shipping! I mean, free postage in France, Luxembourg and Belgium which jumps a staggering €100 for Germany, UK, etc and Australia and the USA?!? My geography isn't great, nor is my understanding of postal logistic costs, but when a company charges me the same price as Australia and US, when I effectively live next door....well, that's a red flag right there. I'm not saying these guys are ripping people off, but when they can't grasp something as fundamental as graded postal charges, you have to wonder about their ability to manage the project.

Just saying.
This video tries to explain.....https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne...-h264_high.mp4

But I don't know why their charging VA Tax outside Europe?
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Just saying.
It's not a garage kit though :< There's 50 kit versions available but otherwise it's a regular HQS poly.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 AM   #9
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It's not a garage kit though :< There's 50 kit versions available but otherwise it's a regular HQS poly.
Hmm, didn't read 'polystone' specifically mentioned in the project overview, I did read 'high quality resin' though......which is/should be the material choice for any decent garage kit.

What you're suggesting is a two tiered product, a 'standard' garage kit, likely made of resin and a polystone statue. However, given the cost delta between the kit and the finished statue I doubt this is the case. More likely they are doing the same as certain Asian recaster outlets do, and produce one product in resin, but keep some as unpainted kits and the others they build and paint for you.

By the way, I'm not knocking the piece down! If you want to back this project have at it. Just trying to let people know there are more cost effective ways to get similarly approached products, for a cheaper price.......that, and their postage system sucks.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:36 AM   #10
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The most i've been charged from tsume for a piece fromt hem to the UK is 40 euro and that was for Zoro who came in 2 huge boxes.

Most cost around 20 - 25 euro to ship. I'm sure they'll address shipping costs.

As much as i love Tsume, i don't have any love for the piece, so i won't be backing
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote