Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #341
kaza5555
New Republic

Thanks, guys! To answer few questions, the shield can easily be removed from the mounting bracket by unscrewing two bolts. The white hook above is not concealable. No way around it. The plaque with number can be placed over the Marvel holder on top but I believe it is permanent once you attach it with adhesive tape so I kept it off. I read on the manual that an alternate display is available for the plaque by ordering from EFX, but don't know what it looks like and will not bother since I have no intention of displaying it anyways.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #342
Vader
Ghost

are you happy with it?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #343
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I could live with the clear plastic Marvel and Avengers logo holders (makes sense that they would go clear on it) but that white hanger piece will bug the hell out of me. Interested to see what eFx's alternate solution is (and how much extra they want ) or I will be doing something custom for mine.

Makes me miss my Windlass shield. The crate was a very cool display holder.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #344
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Mine has arrived! I'll post more later.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #345
kaza5555
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
are you happy with it?
I do. See post 324 for more.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:56 PM   #346
BDoggWhite
Birdman

This thing is nice! For those with the eFX Mjolnir, you'll be pleased to know they look great together. I'll post some pictures and thoughts this evening or tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:16 PM   #347
BruinRogue
Frackin!

Looks like mine's coming on Tuesday. Cannot wait.
BruinRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:42 AM   #348
Natrix
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Found an unboxing video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxIznmS5qug
Natrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #349
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Shield #122 arrived yesterday. After much debate of the compare/contrast with the upcoming King Arts shields throughout waiting for the shield to arrive, I knew better than to doubt eFX's track record of quality. They do not disappoint with Captain America's Shield. I am very pleased with my purchase and am impressed with the paints apps and how it appears to be spun aluminum. I have the aforementioned KA on pre-order and am not sure what I'll do with them. If this is the only shield to reside in my home, I'm pleased. Here are some pics and thoughts:

Up-close shots.
Precision with the paint apps and the appearance of spun aluminum (If you're not familiar with this shield, it is made of fiberglass like the stunt prop from the Avengers movie...King Arts promotes an aluminum shield). It looks very impressive.

Everyday viewing on wall mount
This thing looks great on the wall! The wall mount is the lone downer for me. Perhaps I was spoiled by the sheer awesomeness of eFX's Mjolnir stand as this wall mount pales in comparison. I will look into coming up with my own mount as the logos detract from the shield for me. I would have preferred the transparent supports without logos. If you plan on displaying a 1:1 scale shield on a pedestal and not on a wall, you will need a large space.

On display with other replicas
Here's the shield on display with my other replicas. The shield isn't centered as I went with a pre-existing hole while mulling over what to do with a custom wall mount. As you can see, the shield fits in beautifully with eFX's Thor's Mjolnir.

Great job, eFX! The gong case that comes with is an excellent and thoughtful inclusion. Bravo!

I read a lot of heat towards eFX regarding delays, etc and feel that their past history bit them on this order. This shield went up for PO in May 2014 and was still delivered to my door well under a year from PO. Sideshow statues are almost always at least a year wait. There was one delay that appeared to be QC-related but we shouldn't complain about eFX's insistence on delivering top notch stuff...the consumer wins by waiting a bit longer. The nearly month long delay in December-January was beyond eFX's control with the port strike.

In the end, this is a superb product and currently hangs proudly in my collection. Congrats to all of those who got in on the pre-orders and will get theirs in the near future!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #350
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I guess i gotta wait for another company to do another shield since i'd missed the boat
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote