Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-21-2020, 12:54 AM   #151
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I actually hope they don't get it! I can't keep up with them as it is...
Unless they do a 1/3 or larger Vader or the ships I wouldn't probably get anything either way.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:03 PM   #152
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Unless they do a 1/3 or larger Vader or the ships I wouldn't probably get anything either way.

A 1/3 Vader would probably be a good candidate for the very first thing Prime 1 would make. Maybe a 1/3 Palpatine on throne (ROTJ) Depending on what the license allows of course....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #153
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
A 1/3 Vader would probably be a good candidate for the very first thing Prime 1 would make. Maybe a 1/3 Palpatine on throne (ROTJ) Depending on what the license allows of course....
I would rather have a 1/2 Vader personally, SS LSF piece is not that great and I already have the excellent 1/4 Iron Studio Vader so even 1/3 might not be worth getting for me.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:11 PM   #154
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Star Wars is the last license I want them to get. Some of their latest offerings have been lacking, or have had QC issues though. I'm a bit concerned.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:26 PM   #155
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Star Wars is the last license I want them to get. Some of their latest offerings have been lacking, or have had QC issues though. I'm a bit concerned.
Noticed that myself, last couple I have gotten didn't blow me away like previous ones. Hope they don't get Sideshow disease.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:14 AM   #156
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Quote:
Noticed that myself, last couple I have gotten didn't blow me away like previous ones. Hope they don't get Sideshow disease.
Can you guys be more specific which statues we're talking about?I'n not aware of a decline in production quality.Are we talking paintjob, engineering or something else?
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:57 PM   #157
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
I would rather have a 1/2 Vader personally, SS LSF piece is not that great and I already have the excellent 1/4 Iron Studio Vader so even 1/3 might not be worth getting for me.
1/2 scale Vader I’m in on that for sure

Screw sideshow legendary scale

What a waist of money
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:17 AM   #158
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Some of their latest offerings have been lacking, or have had QC issues though. I'm a bit concerned.
Which ones out of interest? Prime 1 pump out so much stuff that I don't follow it all. But the stuff I do look at still seems to be leagues ahead of SSC, PCS and HCG etc.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:02 AM   #159
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
Can you guys be more specific which statues we're talking about?I'n not aware of a decline in production quality.Are we talking paintjob, engineering or something else?
Quote:
Which ones out of interest? Prime 1 pump out do much stuff that I don't follow it all. But the stuff I do look at still seems to be leagues ahead of SSC, PCS and HCG etc.
The 1/3 JL Superman underarm issue is unacceptable imo, and there's the fact that the JL Batman is larger than the rest in the line. I could have sworn there were other problems with that statue as well.

I didn't make a fuss about it because I've been so busy lately but there are some things on my 1/3 dog alien that bother me. The foot doesn't go all the way in the base and the hand won't touch the base. There's this strange dented part where the mouth meets the dome. The jaw also seems to have been placed in a bit lopsided, and the inner jaw leans far to one side. I'm not sure if these are actual faults or if the original prop had them.

All in all I can't quite remember specific incidents, and I could go back through recent threads and check, but I know my mindset has gone from "safe to pre-order" to "wait for in-hand pics".

I definitely don't think they're anywhere near as bad as Sideshow though.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:25 PM   #160
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
The 1/3 JL Superman underarm issue is unacceptable imo, and there's the fact that the JL Batman is larger than the rest in the line. I could have sworn there were other problems with that statue as well.

I didn't make a fuss about it because I've been so busy lately but there are some things on my 1/3 dog alien that bother me. The foot doesn't go all the way in the base and the hand won't touch the base. There's this strange dented part where the mouth meets the dome. The jaw also seems to have been placed in a bit lopsided, and the inner jaw leans far to one side. I'm not sure if these are actual faults or if the original prop had them.

All in all I can't quite remember specific incidents, and I could go back through recent threads and check, but I know my mindset has gone from "safe to pre-order" to "wait for in-hand pics".

I definitely don't think they're anywhere near as bad as Sideshow though.
The Witcher Yennefer's base was, in my opinion, vastly sub par on the paint compared to the proto. I confirmed it on my own as well as others that received her in hand.

Eva 00 had some serious lacking on one example, again on the paint.

New 52 Batman (I think) judging from one person's in hand pictures is also very sub par on paint.

Those last two are sample sizes of one. Make of all of it what you will.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote