Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #531
chronos1919
Nightwing

I agree, Prime 1 has been declining in quality from proto to production. Not sure what sort of issues they're running into but it's a shame to see.

I'll wait for higher quality photos/videos but I'm not impressed so far.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #532
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The cape thing is a noticable difference and does look like Prime 1 is slacking here.

WTF Prime 1? This is Batman. You're not helping the Fanboy base with this one.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:29 PM   #533
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I agree, Prime 1 has been declining in quality from proto to production. Not sure what sort of issues they're running into but it's a shame to see.

I'll wait for higher quality photos/videos but I'm not impressed so far.
Their 1/4 comic pieces have been hit and miss throughout production with a few of them having issues. But this may have been the first bait and switch that they’ve done, as it’s mostly been QC issues that have been plaguing them. Like Venoms tendrils, and Flash’s lightning effects etc.

And unfortunately for me their DC 1/3 movie line are starting to follow suit, with more of their pieces having issues. Out of the 6 JL pieces I only didn’t have a real issue (QC) with one of them.... though I’ve forced myself to ignore the issues that I have.

Their 1/3 DC comic and Arkham lines have been going okay QC wise for most of their pieces. With only a few having issues, and not across the entire production for each respective piece.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:32 AM   #534
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I owned Prime 1's n52 Superman and Darkseid and they were amazing, Darkseid especially. Really bummed about this Batman though.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #535
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I get the feeling from all of these companies that they have their A and B type products. The A products will get special attention and have awesome paint work. The B products are produced but don't get as much attention, probably because of lower preorders. I have a feeling these New52 pieces (which were in conjunction with SSC whom we all know had a falling out with Prime 1) got relegated at some point to the B group and are just not receiving the attention other Prime 1 pieces get. It is a shame on this Batman. As Punisher says above, it appears some of the earlier pieces received more love.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:54 PM   #536
Mister H
Gen 13

Wow, some bush-league paint app there. How much was this thing? $700 or $800?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #537
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I get the feeling from all of these companies that they have their A and B type products. The A products will get special attention and have awesome paint work. The B products are produced but don't get as much attention, probably because of lower preorders. I have a feeling these New52 pieces (which were in conjunction with SSC whom we all know had a falling out with Prime 1) got relegated at some point to the B group and are just not receiving the attention other Prime 1 pieces get. It is a shame on this Batman. As Punisher says above, it appears some of the earlier pieces received more love.
I agree with this 100%

Also P1 keeps jamming statues into their factory's there's bound to be slip ups and rush jobs due to the mass amount of statues that need to be produced. Xm's starting to get like this too.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:11 PM   #538
VinnyCap
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Prime 1 shared this pic on Instagram. Doesn’t look too bad from this lighting, distance and angle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BEEC718A-9B35-4925-8559-88C8BAD0B8CD.png
Views:	96
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	128743  
VinnyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #539
djmogo89
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyCap View Post
Prime 1 shared this pic on Instagram. Doesn’t look too bad from this lighting, distance and angle.
It looks awesome on that last picture. I think overall it’s a solid statue, with its own flaws of course, but solid nonetheless.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #540
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
It looks awesome on that last picture. I think overall it’s a solid statue, with its own flaws of course, but solid nonetheless.
I think most are upset about the drop in actually sculpted details on the cape.

The softness in other parts of the sculpt can sometimes be forgiven, and the odd paint mishap. But to lose some major sculpted details is another story.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote