Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-17-2020, 11:17 PM   #311
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

I'm still really hoping to get this in my collection one day. I've got about 3 other 1/3 statues in front of it that I have to get first though lol
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:12 AM   #312
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I just unboxed mine, and while the fabric has a little bit of give, there’s absolutely no way to fix the armpit issue, or even to really minimise it, as it’ll more or less return to its original position. And it doesn’t help that it’s been glued in place at the neck, meaning you’ll have to forcefully remove it from the neck area to even think about unzipping the costume down the back. They should’ve just glued the costume top to bottom like they did with the 1/2 scale. Now that’s a piece that hugged the body and showed the muscle contours beneath, but instead with get this loose onesies pajamas.

The only thing that you can really adjust are the boots.

So I’ll say it now, the videos uploaded by Prime 1 showing how you could adjust the fabric costume were absolutely what I thought they were at the time, irrelevant and useless when it came to the armpits (which was the main issue) but it achieved what they wanted as many fell for their gullible and truly dishonest act, and the rest of us who queried it were more or less ignored or critiqued by Prime 1 defenders, even though none of the videos actually showed them fixing the issue in question.

But..... I knew what I was potentially getting, so I don’t know what that makes me. But if I didn’t have this got to catch them all mentality I would’ve definitely skipped out on this piece.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:43 AM   #313
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I just unboxed mine, and while the fabric has a little bit of give, there’s absolutely no way to fix the armpit issue, or even to really minimise it, as it’ll more or less return to its original position. And it doesn’t help that it’s been glued in place at the neck, meaning you’ll have to forcefully remove it from the neck area to even think about unzipping the costume down the back. They should’ve just glued the costume top to bottom like they did with the 1/2 scale. Now that’s a piece that hugged the body and showed the muscle contours beneath, but instead with get this loose onesies pajamas.

The only thing that you can really adjust are the boots.

So I’ll say it now, the videos uploaded by Prime 1 showing how you could adjust the fabric costume were absolutely what I thought they were at the time, irrelevant and useless when it came to the armpits (which was the main issue) but it achieved what they wanted as many fell for their gullible and truly dishonest act, and the rest of us who queried it were more or less ignored or critiqued by Prime 1 defenders, even though none of the videos actually showed them fixing the issue in question.

But..... I knew what I was potentially getting, so I don’t know what that makes me. But if I didn’t have this got to catch them all mentality I would’ve definitely skipped out on this piece.
Has anyone attempted to fix the armpit issue?

If it is like the OG Batman PF, then it should be easy. There was only glue at the edges of the outfit at the neck and peeled away easily. Pull one side of the costume down to the armpit, apply fabric glue (put glue on a small stick or toothpick) to armpit, pull fabric up and use a credit card and place it under the armpit to apply pressure so the fabric sticks to it. Repeat with the other armpit.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:32 PM   #314
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I think it’s time I discuss some of the positives, as I’m sure I’ll get used to the issues of the statue, like I always do. In a collection of around 100 statue pieces I can’t really think of more than a few that have come in absolutely perfect, and that hasn’t robbed me of loving nearly every single piece in my collection, warts and all.

The fabric costume on its own is spectacularly well done. The printing done on it to stencil/adhere the Kryptonian design is near perfect, especially considering how small and fine the designs are. In addition said designs seem to be fairly durable. As I’ve been manoeuvring the fabric around the arms for hours and I have yet to see a crease, or heaven forbid part of the printing design coming loose from the fabric and lifting up.

Again with the costume but relative to the half scale piece that I have, and in particular an issue that I had with the 1/2 scale which is pretty much completely absent from this one.... there aren’t any glue strains or residue all over the accents around the wrist or waist on the 1/3 scale like I had with the 1/2 scale. But some of the reason is that those designs are pretty much as thin as stickers on the 1/3 scale, but on the 1/2 scale they were quite thick and substantial.... which some may believe is a benefit to the 1/2 scale and a knock against the 1/3 scale as at the end of the day it’s probably more accurate to the actual screen used costume.

Now after having the statue for only half a day, I’ve got to say I’ve pretty much got used to the pose. Now while it’s a bit awkward, I think with the Exclusive heat vision head sculpt that it kind of works.

The regular headsculpt is damn good, and while I prefer the likeness on the 1/2 scale, the skin pigmentation imo is much better on the 1/3 scale. It has quite a number of colour (dots) applied which give it its completion, while on the 1/2 scale it can look a bit yellowish at times due to its slight lack of paint depth.

And finally the base like all the other pieces in the line are well done (well I didn’t particularly like the top sculpt on Wonder Woman’s base). It looks good, but it’s not the best in the line as I still prefer Batman’s, Cyborg’s and Aquaman’s bases above it as the sculpt on the top of base is even better. Though honestly I’m not sure what to think about the skeleton like designs/protrusions on the base. I’m guessing it may relate to his death, but imo that seems a bit dark for this particular character.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:24 PM   #315
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Sounds like a good review!
Old 02-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #316
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

The head as definitely been resculpted. You can see a side by side from a video from 2 year ago

The hair is totally different and so is the mouth expression and perhaps the skin tone (hard to tell from a video)

Not sure why the resculpted, the original was way better.

I'm also not sure why they gave him a fabric body suit instead of sculpted like they did with batman

I guess it is what it is, if I want a 1/3 DCEU this is going to be it.

I'm from Cleveland, so I gotta represent Superman with a top tier statue!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled444.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	128734  
Old 02-21-2020, 05:10 PM   #317
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
The head as definitely been resculpted. You can see a side by side from a video from 2 year ago

The hair is totally different and so is the mouth expression and perhaps the skin tone (hard to tell from a video)

Not sure why the resculpted, the original was way better.

I'm also not sure why they gave him a fabric body suit instead of sculpted like they did with batman

I guess it is what it is, if I want a 1/3 DCEU this is going to be it.

I'm from Cleveland, so I gotta represent Superman with a top tier statue!
The hair was resculpted because the part was on the wrong side. I’m quite sure by the time it went up for preorder it was as it is now. So that’s old news. In fact they were praised for fixing it at the time.

And honestly, with as much trouble as I’m having with the fabric, the very fine details on the costume are just too fine for it to be sculpted. I know digital sculpt can achieve great things now, where some are convinced it’s fabric when it’s not. Like the first Dark Knight Batman, which I also have and many thought was fabric. But the fine details on that don’t even come close to how minute it is on the Superman costume. It’s just too small to ‘currently’ duplicate at that quality and scale.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #318
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Hmm interesting info about the fabric. I guess that makes sense.

Are you liking the statue more & more every day?

Happy with it in your collection.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:55 PM   #319
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
Hmm interesting info about the fabric. I guess that makes sense.

Are you liking the statue more & more every day?

Happy with it in your collection.
Actually I am.

I was able to move the fabric a tad on the right arm, but not the left. But even without that I’m happy to have it in my collection.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #320
Jam2315
Frackin!

I am very happy with mine. Tempted to get a better cape but that's it really. I got both of my armpit areas looking way better
Jam2315 is offline   Reply With Quote