Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #1491
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

It's incredible to see in this thread so many smart people agreeing SS isn't as great as people think yet in other threads on this same SS section people are in love with SS and will defend them to death. SS doesn't care about anyone but themselves and their profits even at the expense of the collector. If people can't see that then it's their fault, you can only lead a horse to water but it's up to him if he wants to drink.

All SS had to do is listen to people when it came to the armor and modify it properly they had the time to do it and still didn't, Predator fans wanted a simple replica nothing else. I also think the head was a little to large but it is what it is.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #1492
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
They have done some great stuff - even recently.

I don't see too much outside of the Predator/Alien franchises because I'm not a huge superhero or gaming fan, BUT . . .
  • The Lobo & Dawg from 2 years back were 100%/perfect.
  • Last months Red Sonja was well received (minor issues with magnets & forehead hair).
  • Some of the recent art direction (E.G. their Deadpool) was very impressive.

But when it comes to Predator & Alien stuff - they keep dropping the ball. The folks working on these releases either don't know enough about the characters or simply don't care.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:23 AM   #1493
HeavyMetalSpike

For those of you that have ordered this.

The 1:2 Wolf Predator LSB is arriving in-hand, and it seems to be a badly painted piece of PLASTIC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7FQLZvLkxo

The Sideshow site for the 1:4 Jungle Hunter maquette is here - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ibles-3001581/
  • It gives the product weight as 20 lb / 9.07 kg
  • It also states it is "clad in his traditional armor which is a combination of polyresin and fabric elements."
Based on what they have done with the Wolf 1:2 LSB, and the way they have phrased the description, it's possible the armour is the ONLY bit that is polyresin, and bulk of the maquette is plastic

Might be worth one of you checking before this ships!

Old 10-11-2017, 12:30 AM   #1494
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
For those of you that have ordered this.

The 1:2 Wolf Predator LSB is arriving in-hand, and it seems to be a badly painted piece of PLASTIC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7FQLZvLkxo

The Sideshow site for the 1:4 Jungle Hunter maquette is here - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ibles-3001581/
  • It gives the product weight as 20 lb / 9.07 kg
  • It also states it is "clad in his traditional armor which is a combination of polyresin and fabric elements."
Based on what they have done with the Wolf 1:2 LSB, and the way they have phrased the description, it's possible the armour is the ONLY bit that is polyresin, and bulk of the maquette is plastic

Might be worth one of you checking before this ships!

The Bust says made from PVC and resin. The Maquette says polyresin. But I put nothing past Sideshow.

They tricked a lot of people using the word resin, which obviously now means plastic resin.

I would take a snapshot of the product page in case they change the material later.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:36 AM   #1495
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
The Bust says made from PVC and resin. The Maquette says polyresin. But I put nothing past Sideshow.

They tricked a lot of people using the word resin, which obviously now means plastic resin.

I would take a snapshot of the product page in case they change the material later.
The original maquette was 30 lb / 13.61 kg - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ive/?sku=71431

If I was ordering (or even considering ordering) the NEW one, I'd for sure check the material of the base & body with Sideshow.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:42 AM   #1496
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
The original maquette was 30 lb / 13.61 kg - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ive/?sku=71431

If I was ordering (or even considering ordering) the NEW one, I'd for sure check the material of the base & body with Sideshow.

True but comparing weight means nothing as Sideshow has started making some pieces hollow and thinly casted compared to pieces a few years back. But yes, I will confirm the material before this ships.

Honestly, every year I order less and less of their product. With killer competition nowadays and high prices.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #1497
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
They have done some great stuff - even recently.

I don't see too much outside of the Predator/Alien franchises because I'm not a huge superhero or gaming fan, BUT . . .
  • The Lobo & Dawg from 2 years back were 100%/perfect.
  • Last months Red Sonja was well received (minor issues with magnets & forehead hair).
  • Some of the recent art direction (E.G. their Deadpool) was very impressive.

But when it comes to Predator & Alien stuff - they keep dropping the ball. The folks working on these releases either don't know enough about the characters or simply don't care.

Comments like this are just so ridiculous. Either you have never known anyone who went into art as a career or are just absolutely terrible at reading people. I have never met a single person who has worked at Sideshow, but I can say with absolute certainty that every last artist working as Sideshow cares about the quality of the projects they work on. Suggesting otherwise is nothing short of laughable.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #1498
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I think he meant the company, who's prime motivation is to make money.
Obviously the artist wants the best production of their work possible.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #1499
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Comments like this are just so ridiculous. Either you have never known anyone who went into art as a career or are just absolutely terrible at reading people. I have never met a single person who has worked at Sideshow, but I can say with absolute certainty that every last artist working as Sideshow cares about the quality of the projects they work on. Suggesting otherwise is nothing short of laughable.

This is nothing short of laughable

Old 10-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #1500
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
This is nothing short of laughable

No, its really not. Artists dont get to these levels of skill and these levels in a company like Sideshow by not caring about the quality of the art they do. I see right through posts like this like they were a freshly cleaned window. You would be VERY hard pressed to make a more inaccurate statement regarding the artists working at Sideshow.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote