Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #1571
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
Why do people keep commenting about how well the Stego came out? That paint job isn't nearly as involved as this one. I know it has some overlapping colors, raised areas vs recessed, but more often than not, that is done by dry brushing which is much easier than trying to get patterns and closely spaced tiny dots with an airbrush. That's not to say Toynami should get a pass with this. Not at all.
Look, i admit I don't know about sculpture painting. Not by a longshot, but I know good paint jobs and while the stego may not have as many small details, the excellence with which that model was produced lends me to believe that these intricate details would just be the next step.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:39 PM   #1572
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerassic View Post
Sadly I'm way too familiar with this from Sideshow, was hoping CC would do better... Opening up the old SS Jurassic Park statue was immediately disappointing (and that was my first ever high end collectible) but being the only Jurassic Park collectible, like ever, I kept it for a couple years until I couldn't stand looking at it any longer.

The body does look pretty good, but like someone said, the face is the last place to get lazy on.

The dark shots (with the face conveniently out of focus ) still look bad IMO. BUT, it does look like the same one with those smudges on the left side, so still a chance its a fluke and a worst case scenario. I'm going to hope thats the case until there's more evidence. And for the love of dog, please don't mess up the female bust!!!!!!
Damn, thats what the Carnotaurus came out to look like? Wow thats terrible
yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #1573
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah that carnotaurus is a joke.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #1574
Python
Omega Red

With regards to the discussion about how different the head is to the body, I can't see it myself. The speckling is rather poor and unrefined all over, there just happens to be a lot more of it on the head which is why it stands out. The base tones are equal to the rest of it. We're well used to this from many of these companies, the prototypes spoil us with subtle details that were applied by a painter who takes pride in their work. And then the production pieces feature none of that subtle beauty. Clearly Chronicle are no different in that regard, I'm surprised the feedback is so harsh as even the production pieces look better that comparable products from other companies. That said, I haven't ordered this so it's easy for me to say that. I'd like one, but I'd want to touch it up paint wise tbh, but then I've felt that way with pretty much every single collectible I've ever received from any company, maybe excluding my ECC Grey Alien and HCG P2 stunt mask, both of which were spot on.

To be clear, I'm not defending the final paint this if they all rock up looking this way. I appreciate why people are disappointed, I just don't see much difference between this and other similar items is all. Weathering and subtle detail has never been a strong point for the Chinese factories unfortunately.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #1575
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

The issue isn't proto v's production here Matt, it's what was touted as a production piece v's what's being sent to customers. Worlds apart.

Add to that the numerous claims of Toynami being the best in the buisness and 'CM quality at a fraction of the price' then theirs no wonder people are feeling disappointed.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #1576
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
The issue isn't proto v's production here Matt, it's what was touted as a production piece v's what's being sent to customers. Worlds apart.
That one was a "Made in Texas production sample"
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #1577
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
A full repaint and some mod works will do the sculpt justice. A before and after comparison will be brutal though.
What kind of mod do you have in mind Thx217?
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #1578
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

This is getting destroyed in facebook.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #1579
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Not what they needed after the Endo debacle.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:50 PM   #1580
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
This is getting destroyed in facebook.
Huh??
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote