Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #11
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I prefer swap out portraits to other exclusives and I'm much more likely to PO an EX with a second head sculpt rather than waiting and seeing. I'm guessing the main reason is it adds to much to the cost (higher sculpt rate, more detailed mold/cast, more intricate painting). So even though prices continue to rise SS wants to cheap out on costs and maximize profits. One of the things I like about XM is the choice of heads. Sure not every statue needs a second portrait (pieces like Gamora and Red Sonja look great) but it would have been great to see an exclusive portrait for Supergirl (hair down) and female Thor (unhelmeted).
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #12
dioxide_way
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I prefer swap out portraits to other exclusives and I'm much more likely to PO an EX with a second head sculpt rather than waiting and seeing. I'm guessing the main reason is it adds to much to the cost (higher sculpt rate, more detailed mold/cast, more intricate painting). So even though prices continue to rise SS wants to cheap out on costs and maximize profits. One of the things I like about XM is the choice of heads. Sure not every statue needs a second portrait (pieces like Gamora and Red Sonja look great) but it would have been great to see an exclusive portrait for Supergirl (hair down) and female Thor (unhelmeted).
Yea, I think an new head sculpt will cost SS more plus high exchange rate due to their not too good QC.

Like Power Girl PF, with a flying head sculpt as EX is pretty good.
dioxide_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #13
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

The McQuarrie Boba Fett was a head-swap, which caused me a headache because I'd cancelled my pre-order Christmas Eve, then tried to re-add it two days later and it was gone. So, I settled for the regular version, bought it on Ebay in January, regretted it and wanted the alternate head, sold it on Ebay for very cheap, and got the Exclusive version for a reasonable price.

Never again! I learned my lesson about cancelling. The one you have on pre-order might be the last one! Hit that cancel button and you're at the mercy of Ebay...
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #14
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I think the last PF to get a print as the EX was Hawkeye.

This is such a silly thread though. I mean, the Bradstreet Punisher's EX was literally a different base. One that was LESS popular. Conan Fury had a different color Ape as the EX. Again, one that was LESS popular. The last Punisher got a knife EX, Black Widow Knife EX, Wyatt Earp Gun EX, Doc Holliday Knife EX, these are all older pieces too.

So when did it become a switchable hand instead of a head? Try the beginning.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #15
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Why do you guys have to be like that
...Swing and a miss....burn. get overyourself. This is a statue forum and the guy wanted to talk about how ss shouls always offer two heads. Simple as that.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:24 PM   #16
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I almost always buy exclusives. The few I've missed have not been big deals. I think EX head sculpts are always going to do better in the secondary. I never cared for the prints. All of them are still in the boxes. I remember when people used to say "Ex or nothing". They usually don't say that for an extra knife.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #17
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like switchout heads as ex. More enticing to buy 2.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #18
Y3E
Gen 13

It would be great if all EXs had a coh and something else, just like the OG cap or Psylocke EX. Heck, even if SS charged a bit more I would get it.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #19
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Why do you guys have to be like that
...Swing and a miss....burn. get overyourself. This is a statue forum and the guy wanted to talk about how ss shouls always offer two heads. Simple as that.
Ummmm because the entire premise of the complaint thread was faulty. And no, he wanted a return to the good old days of nameplates and print exclusives or something. Also was ignorant of the MANY current pieces with COH's.

Show up at school ignorant, expect an education.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #20
Comicbookguy
Hercules

It's easier to make and less cost and time imo. But when SS does give us a coh it makes thevstatue so much more enjoyable. They are the kings of portraits and they need to give fans what is preferred in a ex. Prime 1 has been knowing the coh is the most desirable ex from collectors.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote