Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-02-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
Mreed79
Doh!

10% off code

Hello all. So after reading multiple posts and threads (although perhaps not enough), I came across several references to a technique of getting offered a 10% off deal. As many of you obviously know, this involves placing an item in your cart first and waiting. I was thrilled when it worked for me at the end of January for the Skeletor statue. A few days ago I tried it again for the amazing Captain Marvel PF and once again I see the pop up. I go to my email and follow the link. It applies the discount and I click proceed to check out. Oops! You've already used a code from this batchange (or something) and you can't use this code. I reached out to SS and a rep tells me that I can only use the code once. Ever. So is this really the way it is? One time and that's it? When reading about the technique in other posts I didn't get the idea that it was a one time deal, but hey, like I said, perhaps I wasn't thorough enough in my investigation of this coupon. Any input or perhaps corrections to my strategy would be greatly appreciated.
Mreed79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:07 AM   #2
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

At first people were able to use it multiple times, but once the secret got out how to get the code and lots of people started using it then Sideshow made it a one time use. It's been that way for a long time now.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:32 AM   #3
4renzy
Fantastic Four

Typically...how long are guys waiting till the code appears? And a specific browser? Thanks in advance.
4renzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
Y3E
Gen 13

I used Chrome and that one took awhile, 10 mins or so. I left my desk and when I came back it was there. I used Opera once and it appeared right away. So, it varies.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

So just put the item in your cart but don't checkout right away? I'll have to try that.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
Y3E
Gen 13

Be sure to clear your cache and cookies.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #7
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Be sure to clear your cache and cookies.
this is the most important step. it will work with any browser.

Also note that it generally only works for "older" pre-orders. Don't waste your time trying to score the new deathstroke or venom for example.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #8
papadoom
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Just tried with the Prime 1 Killer Croc and Red Son Superman; didn't work.

I downloaded Chrome, so completely new browser without any cache/browser history whatsoever, waited about 20 minutes, but nothing happened.

Croc would probably be too new, right? But Red Son Superman is available for a long time I believe, so that should have worked in theory?!!

Do you need to be signed in or signed off or is that irrelevant?!
papadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #9
ambasah
Red Skull

it used to work with any of the red son statues.

doesn't take more than 5min. After you click to add it to your cart, don't move to the next screen. Wait a couple of minutes and then move your cursor towards the "x" in the corner (as if you're about to close the screen). A pop up should appear with a code.

if it doesn't, you have to start all over, beginning with clearing your cookies.

also, you can only use it once, ever...so try and find the most expensive statue you're interested in.

being signed in/out makes no difference.

edit. if you want red son superman, check out think geek. They had him for 25% off a couple of months ago. Right now he's 15% off.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #10
MeetThyReaper
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Was hoping this would work on Venom. Dagnabbit! I had a code included with Skeletor that I received back on Feb 14th and it already expired. I was like "WTF?!" Dunno why they send these codes only to expire so quickly.

-MTR
MeetThyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote