Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who Would win Magneto or Iron Man
Magneto 24 80.00%
Iron Man 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #81
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

Tony's smart enough to take Mags down, the question is.. would Mags allow him the time to do so?

It's Magneto, so... probably not.
Actually, if I recall correctly, Mags is SMARTER than tony....
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #82
metfan923
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-Vell View Post
Actually, if I recall correctly, Mags is SMARTER than tony....
nooooooooooooo
really??
metfan923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #83
metfan923
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

no, i dont think mags is, according to this link:
http://fans.marvel.com/go/thread/vie...martest_People.

top 5 smartest are:
1. Reed Richards
2. Doctor Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Bruce Banner
5. Tony Stark

granted, that's just speculation on another forum, but even if those arent correct in that order, i would still put Stark above Mags as far as overall intelligence goes. I see mags as smart, especially when it comes to tactics, etc. but would still put stark higher on the overall ranks
Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #84
MrYac
Hercules

man i can just picture Vic reading that list while having his coffee in the morning and seeing he's number 2...and behind reed of all people
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #85
metfan923

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
man i can just picture Vic reading that list while having his coffee in the morning and seeing he's number 2...and behind reed of all people
haha i agree... spitting his coffee out and everything.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #86
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post

No doubt.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #87
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Now, I have to admit this is from waaaaay back in 1991, but in "the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe" this was the list of lists:

Gifted: Spider-Man, Daredevil, Kitty Pride.

Genius: Beast, Kingpin, Prof X, Norman Osborn, Bruce Banner, TONY STARK, T'Challa.

Extraordinary Genius: MAGNETO, Apocalypse, Henry Pym, Dr. Doom.

Superhuman Intellect: Cable, Thanos, High Evolutionary, Reed Richards.

I've left a few out, but you get the idea...
I know that recently they made a new list, but with all the crappy writing going on lately (by which I mean that they give some heroes & villains powers they shouldn't have, so I'll assume they do the same with intelligence!), I still prefer this old one.
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #88
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrain1 View Post
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Iron Man ends up siphoning power from Jupiter to launch Magneto in to space where they do battle. Magneto makes armor out of satellites and starts collecting power from all over space. However, then Mags senses the Phoenix destroy a planet and the sudden extinction of life makes him think the entire struggle is trivial. So he lets Iron Man punch him and return to earth while Magneto floats around in space. He doesn't bother using an EMP during any part of the fight despite Iron Man admitting that an EMP would have taken him out. He had plenty of opportunities to but decided to instead drop a building and walk away or just play rock em sock em robots with Iron Man. Magneto has apparently become infected with stupidity while hanging out with the X-Men.
Cannot believe this BS writing, simply idiotic.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #89
metfan923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-Vell View Post
Now, I have to admit this is from waaaaay back in 1991, but in "the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe" this was the list of lists:

Gifted: Spider-Man, Daredevil, Kitty Pride.

Genius: Beast, Kingpin, Prof X, Norman Osborn, Bruce Banner, TONY STARK, T'Challa.

Extraordinary Genius: MAGNETO, Apocalypse, Henry Pym, Dr. Doom.

Superhuman Intellect: Cable, Thanos, High Evolutionary, Reed Richards.

I've left a few out, but you get the idea...
I know that recently they made a new list, but with all the crappy writing going on lately (by which I mean that they give some heroes & villains powers they shouldn't have, so I'll assume they do the same with intelligence!), I still prefer this old one.
hmmm... well look at that! i always thougth magneto was on par with xavier as far as intellect goes, but i guess i was wrong. I mean I had no doubt that he was smart, but hmm..

thanks for sharing!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #90
MrYac
Hercules

i find that list very hard to believe, what scientific stuff does Mags ever do? and i personally always feel Apocalypse is always way undersold on these lists, considering how long he's been alive and the level of tech he's had thousands of years to study and learn from
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote