Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This piece is going to explode in price with ES 750 amazing
Explode? How?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:03 PM   #802
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

He is most desirable Hulk on market with a tiny ES. It will sell out of it hasn’t already which will increase its price . Just like Scorpion and many others people were slow to get in on . The world is a weird place right now so we will see but just like Hulkbuster once these ship they rarely move unless it’s a local sale . I see many collectors trying to get the Hulkbuster today and it’s still selling retail if not more . The hulk is much more popular .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:06 PM   #803
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
He is most desirable Hulk on market with a tiny ES. It will sell out of it hasn’t already which will increase its price . Just like Scorpion and many others people were slow to get in on . The world is a weird place right now so we will see but just like Hulkbuster once these ship they rarely move unless it’s a local sale . I see many collectors trying to get the Hulkbuster today and it’s still selling retail if not more . The hulk is much more popular .

I ordered one as well. Hopefully, it will ship soon.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:38 AM   #804
Viper
Doh!

IMO, Red Hulk is a better statue. Bigger, beefier, more menacing looking, and just more unique overall.
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:20 AM   #805
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
IMO, Red Hulk is a better statue. Bigger, beefier, more menacing looking, and just more unique overall.
Can't say I agree. Rulk is simply taking a stroll. Transformation HULK tells a story . He's transforming in a lab and causing all kinds of havoc. Pose is much better and he looks truly enraged and frightening. But hey, we all have our opinions.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #806
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
The two are very different.

Red Hulk is very big. I think his face, skin and the body sculpt and paint are very well done.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:33 PM   #807
Viper
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolos View Post
The two are very different.

Red Hulk is very big. I think his face, skin and the body sculpt and paint are very well done.
Exactly, Hulk (no matter which color), is supposed to be extremely massive and extremely imposing. The green Hulk Transformation is a lighter-built Hulk and simply not as imposing. Yes, the transformation part is cool (two statues) but the Hulk himself is simply not as impressive looking as the Red Hulk.

Seems like some people are being more influenced by the transformation part rather than the green Hulk himself.

For me, it was an easy decision, and I chose Red Hulk.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:01 PM   #808
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Exactly, Hulk (no matter which color), is supposed to be extremely massive and extremely imposing. The green Hulk Transformation is a lighter-built Hulk and simply not as imposing. Yes, the transformation part is cool (two statues) but the Hulk himself is simply not as impressive looking as the Red Hulk.

Seems like some people are being more influenced by the transformation part rather than the green Hulk himself.

I've seen some pretty massive and imposing custom Green Hulks. I wasn't a fan of them though. I'm glad to have options.

It is called the Hulk Transformation after all, so I think the idea is to appeal to those somewhat interested in a statue capturing that scene. However, I agree that the Red Hulk looks more imposing but in my opinion, the two statues are trying to portray different scenes, so I've never really thought of comparing the two.

I'm hoping they release measurements soon. Honestly, when they showed the scaled down version of the Red Hulk, I was still a bit surprised at how large it seemed to be.

Fortunately, the POs were spaced out, so I didn't have to decide between the two. I'll most likely be POing Red but I want to see if XM is able to stay on track with their updated shipping schedule before doing so.

Congrats on your purchase btw.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:22 PM   #809
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:

The Red Hulk is bigger, no doubt about it, and we don't even need to use a measuring tape to prove this. Red's right arm projected at the front is also superb, and noticeably bigger than any Green Hulk arm. However, size is not the only criterion of choice when making a decision, do you agree? Do I need to remind you of Arnold's victory over Ferrigno at Mister Olympia 1974? Arnold is shorter than Lou, but because of his harmonious and impeccable muscular proportion, Schwarzenegeer's physique convinced the judges that Arnold was the best. The best Hulk is the bigger Hulk? No. Otherwise, we would all be hostages to future pieces launched two or three centimeters bigger, years after years, and we woud be compelled to exchange our Hulk by next big guy from the following lot just because he needs to be bigger and bigger. Oh no. Especially when we are referring to that PIECE that possibly has all the criteria to be THE definitive Hulk piece. Ready for a ride? Take a deep breath and observe with me the Red Hulk from another angle than the front, because, unlike a comic book, sculptures were made to be appreciated from different perspectives, in 3D. The Red Hulk is very imposing, seen from the front, conform I wrote a few lines back, his right arm is gigantic and his head extremely threatening (the smile is bone-chilling). But, unfortunately, if we look closely, this gigantic anatomy of some parts of the piece demanded a very high price in the final result of the sculpture. Notice how strange the Red Hulk looks when viewed in profile and slightly from the bottom angle, the right trapezius muscle became weird and the head is extremely large and disproportionate to the rest of the body. The sculptor was completely against the secret to make a convincing graphic representation of we are face to face a giant. Did you notice that the head of the Hulk Transformation fits inside the himself palm? And not only that, notice that the green creature's arms are huge, where each muscle explodes in a perfectly defined way and in harmony with the rest of the body musculature. The breastplate seems to weigh two tons of pure rigid muscle, its wingspan gives the impression that the monster is over three meters long, the waist in the perfect circumference to make the torso amazingly wide and large, and the expression of fury in its eyes and face, my friend, this is the best head ever made for a sculpture of the green monster at all times. I know that the Hulk is a monster, and, by the very definition of the word, monsters do not necessarily need to present a perfectly proportioned physique and in absolute harmony. But, forgive me for being frank, in the case of the Red Hulk, the end result was very, very strange, almost as if General Ross had suffered some bone pathology during the radiation that had transformed him not into an extraordinary monster, but simply into a giant dwarf. However, as FJC wrote a little above, ends up being a matter of individual preferences after all. But honestly, we wouldn't even need to be arguing about which Hulk is better, because only one of them truly represents the Incredible Hulk created in 1962 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the other is just a villain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	129825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Hulk XM.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	989.1 KB
ID:	129826   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	129827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Hulk Xm 3.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	908.0 KB
ID:	129828  
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:40 PM   #810
Viper
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
The Red Hulk is bigger, no doubt about it, and we don't even need to use a measuring tape to prove this. Red's right arm projected at the front is also superb, and noticeably bigger than any Green Hulk arm. However, size is not the only criterion of choice when making a decision, do you agree? Do I need to remind you of Arnold's victory over Ferrigno at Mister Olympia 1974? Arnold is shorter than Lou, but because of his harmonious and impeccable muscular proportion, Schwarzenegeer's physique convinced the judges that Arnold was the best. The best Hulk is the bigger Hulk? No. Otherwise, we would all be hostages to future pieces launched two or three centimeters bigger, years after years, and we woud be compelled to exchange our Hulk by next big guy from the following lot just because he needs to be bigger and bigger. Oh no. Especially when we are referring to that PIECE that possibly has all the criteria to be THE definitive Hulk piece. Ready for a ride? Take a deep breath and observe with me the Red Hulk from another angle than the front, because, unlike a comic book, sculptures were made to be appreciated from different perspectives, in 3D. The Red Hulk is very imposing, seen from the front, conform I wrote a few lines back, his right arm is gigantic and his head extremely threatening (the smile is bone-chilling). But, unfortunately, if we look closely, this gigantic anatomy of some parts of the piece demanded a very high price in the final result of the sculpture. Notice how strange the Red Hulk looks when viewed in profile and slightly from the bottom angle, the right trapezius muscle became weird and the head is extremely large and disproportionate to the rest of the body. The sculptor was completely against the secret to make a convincing graphic representation of we are face to face a giant. Did you notice that the head of the Hulk Transformation fits inside the himself palm? And not only that, notice that the green creature's arms are huge, where each muscle explodes in a perfectly defined way and in harmony with the rest of the body musculature. The breastplate seems to weigh two tons of pure rigid muscle, its wingspan gives the impression that the monster is over three meters long, the waist in the perfect circumference to make the torso amazingly wide and large, and the expression of fury in its eyes and face, my friend, this is the best head ever made for a sculpture of the green monster at all times. I know that the Hulk is a monster, and, by the very definition of the word, monsters do not necessarily need to present a perfectly proportioned physique and in absolute harmony. But, forgive me for being frank, in the case of the Red Hulk, the end result was very, very strange, almost as if General Ross had suffered some bone pathology during the radiation that had transformed him not into an extraordinary monster, but simply into a giant dwarf. However, as FJC wrote a little above, ends up being a matter of individual preferences after all. But honestly, we wouldn't even need to be arguing about which Hulk is better, because only one of them truly represents the Incredible Hulk created in 1962 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the other is just a villain.
Being a lifelong strength athlete myself (Powerlifting, Strongman, Bodybuilding), I am very well aware of the physiology of the human body and what realistic musculature and bone structure is. When it comes to human anatomy, the green Transformation Hulk is closer to being anatomically correct, but that's not even a consideration when talking about fantasy comic book characters. The comic book Hulk is literally a mutant that has humanoid characteristics overall, but completely different and monstrous proportions.

Of course, the Hulk in the 1970s-1980s TV series was played by bodybuilder and actor Lou Ferrigno, and therefore just had a muscular human body, but that has no bearing whatsoever on the monstrous comic book Hulk character (which is the original and true Hulk). And yes, I've seen the documentary "Pumping Iron", which again has no bearing on this discussion.

Of course, Hulk (by whichever color) has had many different looks in comic books over the years so he's all up to interpretation by the artist. That being said, I simply think the XM Studios Red Hulk is more monstrous and imposing, and therefore I chose to purchase him over the green Transformation Hulk. Neither choice is wrong, and it's all a matter of opinion.