Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-27-2018, 08:02 AM   #171
Nebulhym
The X-Men

I can already picture an XM 1/4 Grievous wielding 4 LED powered lightsabers in a dynamic pose....INSTANT GRAIL!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #172
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
Apparently since Lucas and Disney are too slow to give some approvals, XM studios could stop Star Wars licence...
A big part of XM’s Star Wars product lack of success is the territory restrictions put on it. If it was a worldwide license it’d be much more successful as SW isn’t that popular in large markets like China. Without the US it’s hard to sustain. Add to that the Disney approval process and you’ve got a line that sadly sn’t worth the investment for the company.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #173
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
A big part of XM’s Star Wars product lack of success is the territory restrictions put on it. If it was a worldwide license it’d be much more successful as SW isn’t that popular in large markets like China. Without the US it’s hard to sustain. Add to that the Disney approval process and you’ve got a line that sadly sn’t worth the investment for the company.

It's the biggest issue no doubt. I'd have ordered this beauty in a nano second if it had been easily accessible. I'm surprised XM don't use Sideshow as Prime 1, Iron studios and others do...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:08 AM   #174
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It's the biggest issue no doubt. I'd have ordered this beauty in a nano second if it had been easily accessible. I'm surprised XM don't use Sideshow as Prime 1, Iron studios and others do...
Why would they? XM and SS don't really get along.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #175
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Yea that would be a very good way to provide us these beauties and for them to make huge profit.
Cannot believe how ridiculous is the fact XM Studios cannot make Star Wars statues for these stupid reasons.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #176
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yea you are right I forgot the market problem
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #177
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Why would they? XM and SS don't really get along.

Do you have to get along to have a partnership that potentially makes both of you a lot of money?

I'm not saying they should, just that it would be nice if they could work something out. XM statues aren't really an option for many of us currently.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #178
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Do you have to get along to have a partnership that potentially makes both of you a lot of money?

I'm not saying they should, just that it would be nice if they could work something out. XM statues aren't really an option for many of us currently.
Sideshow pretty much hates XM.... It's a one sided thing as XM has had nothing but good things to say about SS...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #179
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Sideshow pretty much hates XM.... It's a one sided thing as XM has had nothing but good things to say about SS...

Fair enough, I havn't really kept up to date with XM news. I guess it won't happen then...
Old 07-27-2018, 12:23 PM   #180
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
When XM came on the scene it created something Sideshow hadn’t had to deal with for years. Real competition! SS didn’t like their monopoly on certain licenses being threatened and went out of their way to jam up XM... and it worked, to a degree.

Fast forward to today and SS now has numerous companies competing with their own product across multiple licenses and instead of fighting it they’ve embraced it by adapting their business model to become a middle man distributor as well as a producer. This way they get their piece of the pie. It’s a shame their greed seemingly burned that bridge with XM rather than forming a mutually beneficial partnership.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote