Care nothing about the red one.

So there's my vote
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:31 AM   #812
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Being a lifelong strength athlete myself (Powerlifting, Strongman, Bodybuilding), I am very well aware of the physiology of the human body and what realistic musculature and bone structure is. When it comes to human anatomy, the green Transformation Hulk is closer to being anatomically correct, but that's not even a consideration when talking about fantasy comic book characters. The comic book Hulk is literally a mutant that has humanoid characteristics overall, but completely different and monstrous proportions.

Of course, the Hulk in the 1970s-1980s TV series was played by bodybuilder and actor Lou Ferrigno, and therefore just had a muscular human body, but that has no bearing whatsoever on the monstrous comic book Hulk character (which is the original and true Hulk). And yes, I've seen the documentary "Pumping Iron", which again has no bearing on this discussion.

Of course, Hulk (by whichever color) has had many different looks in comic books over the years so he's all up to interpretation by the artist. That being said, I simply think the XM Studios Red Hulk is more monstrous and imposing, and therefore I chose to purchase him over the green Transformation Hulk. Neither choice is wrong, and it's all a matter of opinion.
"The Hulk comic book is literally a mutant that has humanoid characteristics in general, but completely different and monstrous proportions."

Not completely different, this would imply an assertion that the Hulk's muscle group has no anatomical compatibility with the definition of the human muscle, when in fact we know that the muscles of the skinny Bruce Banner are elevated to the hundredth power due to the effect of gamma radiation and this turns him into the monstrous and powerful Hulk. But, biceps, triceps, all muscles is still there. In extraordinary proportions, yes, completely different, no.

'And yes, I saw the documentary "Pumping Iron", which again has no bearing on this discussion. "

I cited Arnold's historic victory over Lou Ferrigno (although he is smaller in size) simply because the colleague's argument in the previous text stated with such emphasis that among the reasons that make the Red Hulk better than the Green Hulk is because Red is bigger. "IMO, Red Hulk is a better statue. Bigger, stronger ..."

"Of course, Hulk (of any color) has had many different looks in the comic books over the years, so he is ready to play the artist."

Not exactly. I believe that the colleague does not know, but the "Red Hulk is not a red version of the Hulk, Bruce Banner". Is the Gray Hulk the Hulk? Yes. Is the Hulk Gladiator the Hulk? Yes. Is Professor Hulk still the Hulk? Yes. Maestro is still the Hulk? Yes (in a possible futuristic version of the emerald goliath). Is the Red Hulk the Hulk? DO NOT. The Red Hulk, or Rulk is General Thunderbolt Ross, one of the Hulk's most tireless pursuers. That is why I informed in the last sentence of my previous writing that they are both different characters.

All right?
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:33 AM   #813
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
I bought the Hulk Trans immediately.

So there's my vote
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:57 AM   #814
Viper
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
"Of course, Hulk (of any color) has had many different looks in the comic books over the years, so he is ready to play the artist."

Not exactly. I believe that the colleague does not know, but the "Red Hulk is not a red version of the Hulk, Bruce Banner". Is the Gray Hulk the Hulk? Yes. Is the Hulk Gladiator the Hulk? Yes. Is Professor Hulk still the Hulk? Yes. Maestro is still the Hulk? Yes (in a possible futuristic version of the emerald goliath). Is the Red Hulk the Hulk? DO NOT. The Red Hulk, or Rulk is General Thunderbolt Ross, one of the Hulk's most tireless pursuers. That is why I informed in the last sentence of my previous writing that they are both different characters.

All right?
I am very well aware that Red Hulk is General Thunderbolt Ross in comic books. I would say that the XM Red Hulk is more similar to the more modern comic books' artistic interpretation of Red Hulk (who is basically built identical to modern green Hulk), whereas the XM Transformation Hulk is more similar to the older comic books' artistic interpretation of Hulk. The modern look has more of the extreme massiveness, extreme forearms, extreme bone structure, etc. of the XM Red Hulk.

Personally, I prefer the modern look of Red Hulk and Green Hulk. So basically, it's all personal preference. There is no right or wrong.
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #815
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I'm not a fan of the Red Hulk for some reason. I feel like his physique looks closer to what I'd expect from an Abomination statue. Chest looks too small compared to his absurd arm size (it looks like they are almost dragging on the floor!). I appreciate that the sculpt was done by hand, but I don't think it looks as polished as some of XM's other statues. His face is a tad cartoony, and the base is pretty plain. He's kind of overly veiny for some reason too. Still an awesome statue though, no question.

Of all the Hulk statues I've seen on the internet (including customs), the Hulk Transformation is the best one IMO. I like the recent SS Gladiator Hulk, but it's too specific a story for me and somehow they failed to give us the King Hulk crown! Also, I'm very excited for the Banner piece, I would have purchased that on its own if it was available.

Red Hulk is nice piece, but also? Red Hulk? HULK SMASH PUNY ROSE MAN!
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:23 PM   #816
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
I bought the Hulk Trans immediately.

So there's my vote
Same here. Never even considered the Rulk. I was intrigued by the Transformation HULK as soon as I saw the art concept. When I finally saw the reveal.....my mind was blown. IMO, it's quite simply the best classic HULK statue ever made. Forget this talk about people getting caught up in the transformation aspect of the statue. Banner can stay in the box for all I care. It's the HULK that makes this piece truly shine.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:36 PM   #817
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I'm not a fan of the Red Hulk for some reason. I feel like his physique looks closer to what I'd expect from an Abomination statue. Chest looks too small compared to his absurd arm size (it looks like they are almost dragging on the floor!). I appreciate that the sculpt was done by hand, but I don't think it looks as polished as some of XM's other statues. His face is a tad cartoony, and the base is pretty plain. He's kind of overly veiny for some reason too. Still an awesome statue though, no question.

Of all the Hulk statues I've seen on the internet (including customs), the Hulk Transformation is the best one IMO. I like the recent SS Gladiator Hulk, but it's too specific a story for me and somehow they failed to give us the King Hulk crown! Also, I'm very excited for the Banner piece, I would have purchased that on its own if it was available.

Red Hulk is nice piece, but also? Red Hulk? HULK SMASH PUNY ROSE MAN!
I agree with all of your points on the XM Rulk. Especially his chest. It's so small when compared to his massive arms and legs.

Since sideshow released its OG HULK PF, I've never seen a single 1/4 scale classic HULK statue that I liked. Not by a licensed company or any custom pieces. However that's changed recently. This transformation HULK finally got me to pull the trigger because I'm so excited to add this to my collection. That said, I've finally seen a custom classic HULK statue that has managed to impress the hell out of me. IMO, the ATF HULK maquette truly gives any 1/4 classic HULK a run for their money. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with either of those HULK statues in your collection.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:02 PM   #818
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I agree with all of your points on the XM Rulk. Especially his chest. It's so small when compared to his massive arms and legs.

Since sideshow released its OG HULK PF, I've never seen a single 1/4 scale classic HULK statue that I liked. Not by a licensed company or any custom pieces. However that's changed recently. This transformation HULK finally got me to pull the trigger because I'm so excited to add this to my collection. That said, I've finally seen a custom classic HULK statue that has managed to impress the hell out of me. IMO, the ATF HULK maquette truly gives any 1/4 classic HULK a run for their money. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with either of those HULK statues in your collection.
It's funny, I randomly saw that ATF the other day and also thought it was awesome. I prefer this, but that's probably my 2nd favorite Hulk that I've seen as well. Maybe the latest SS would be 3rd.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:06 AM   #819
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
It's funny, I randomly saw that ATF the other day and also thought it was awesome. I prefer this, but that's probably my 2nd favorite Hulk that I've seen as well. Maybe the latest SS would be 3rd.
Yeah, I just randomly saw the ATF HULK MAQ last week myself. It's a great looking HULK statue. I like the portrait more on the XM transformation HULK. I think the ATF HULK has 3 different head options but I really didn't like either of the modern portraits. Only the classic portrait appeals to me. However, the XM HULK has a phenomenal modern styled portrait and I've been waiting on that for almost a decade now. The pose on the XM HULK is a bit more dynamic for me as well.

That said, I really like both statues. Even though I lean more towards the XM piece, I'd honestly love to have both of them in my collection. Funds and space restrictions dictate I can only have one for now. I have no doubt I'll be elated when my transformation HULK finally arrives.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:13 AM   #820
Viper
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post

A person can't go wrong with the Red Hulk statue either. Afterall, this is all art so it's all incredibly subjective. Just like someone likes a certain painting more than another painting. It's all opinion. Actually, there is no such thing as a "best" any statue. That being said, I think the Red Hulk is a bigger and better statue with more "presence" than the Transformation Hulk. I also think the Red Hulk is extremely well priced and a great deal for the sheer size of it. However, this is all just my opinion.
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote