Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #881
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Only duplicates I'll have are omnibus and regular hardcover/paperbacks of the same story. I'm not going to get two copies of the same omnibus just for a different cover. I'll go with the Alex Ross one, since I plan on owning a copy of Daredevil #1 at some point to also have with my Daredevil collection.
I typically only buy 1 of any book. This one is an exception...love both covers, and DD is a boss,
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #882
Parallax
Nightwing

DD is a boss, however on the shelf they're going to look the same and I don't care enough about what the front looks like lol.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #883
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Just picked up Grant Morrison's New X-Men Omnibus

I have heard excellent things about it and it came very highly recommended.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:34 AM   #884
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I want to get The War of The Kings omni cause it looks epic and Brubaker was involved at writting but i don't know much about it. I heard that there is also a realm of the kings story or something, is it gonna be an omni too ? or is there a prequel omni or something ?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:02 PM   #885
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I want to get The War of The Kings omni cause it looks epic and Brubaker was involved at writting but i don't know much about it. I heard that there is also a realm of the kings story or something, is it gonna be an omni too ? or is there a prequel omni or something ?
Yes... for whatever reason they are releasing the War of King prelude Omni April 18th 2017 and the Aftermath Omni Feb 14 2017... so everything is all out of order.

But with that being said, it is supposed to be some of the finest writing in Marvel cosmic and I'm being told that the War of Kings Omni that was already released is on track to be OOP very fast... so get yours now!

I'm just getting them as they come out and will read them all in chronological order next year. Can't wait!
Old 12-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #886
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Yes... for whatever reason they are releasing the War of King prelude Omni April 18th 2017 and the Aftermath Omni Feb 14 2017... so everything is all out of order.

But with that being said, it is supposed to be some of the finest writing in Marvel cosmic and I'm being told that the War of Kings Omni that was already released is on track to be OOP very fast... so get yours now!

I'm just getting them as they come out and will read them all in chronological order next year. Can't wait!
Thanks

I got mine from Ist like an hour ago. (best price was there for internatinol collectors like me compared to Amazon and Bookdepository.) It was already out of stock in Bookdepository anyway :O

I can't wait too, it looks so epic. I got into The Inhumans side of the marvel universe lately, thanks to Kamala and seeing Black Bolt on the cover got my interest at first. Then i saw Brubaker and Abnett names and i was totally sold.

A warning btw

As far as i looked in to them -The Road to War of The Kings - The War of The Kings and - The Realm of The Kings Omnibuses collect all of Guardians of The Galaxy run of Dan Abnett so you don't need to get The Abnett GOTG Omni if you get all 3 of The road to War of The Kings, The War of The Kings and Realm Of The Kings Omnibuses. I hope this prevents some double dipping by mistake.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:23 PM   #887
MrJones

Quote:
Thanks

I got mine from Ist like an hour ago. (best price was there for internatinol collectors like me compared to Amazon and Bookdepository.) It was already out of stock in Bookdepository anyway :O

I can't wait too, it looks so epic. I got into The Inhumans side of the marvel universe lately, thanks to Kamala and seeing Black Bolt on the cover got my interest at first. Then i saw Brubaker and Abnett names and i was totally sold.

A warning btw

As far as i looked in to them -The Road to War of The Kings - The War of The Kings and - The Realm of The Kings Omnibuses collect all of Guardians of The Galaxy run of Dan Abnett so you don't need to get The Abnett GOTG Omni if you get all 3 of The road to War of The Kings, The War of The Kings and Realm Of The Kings Omnibuses. I hope this prevents some double dipping by mistake.
I know what it is like to be an international collector. I'm in Canada so I pay often 2x for an omnibus what my friends in the states pay!

And thank you for the warning about the GotG Omni... I actually purchased that one months ago and someone told me the same thing, luckily I had kept it in the plastic wrapping and was able to return it for a full refund!
Old 12-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #888
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I know what it is like to be an international collector. I'm in Canada so I pay often 2x for an omnibus what my friends in the states pay!

And thank you for the warning about the GotG Omni... I actually purchased that one months ago and someone told me the same thing, luckily I had kept it in the plastic wrapping and was able to return it for a full refund!

I have that omni too but haven't read it yet. Are you saying that GOTG omni cannot be read by itself? Is it missing all sorts of tie-ins? It would suck if every end of issue needed you to continue on to another titles and then goes back to GOTG after all sorts of things have happened... lol
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #889
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I have that omni too but haven't read it yet. Are you saying this omni can not be read by itself? It is missing all sorts of tie-ins?
No, not at all. You can very well enjoy The Abnett Omni on its own. I'm just saying that War of The Kings Omnibuses will have all 25 issues of the same run so it's pointless to get The Abnett Omni, if you get War of The Kings Omnibuses. Just needless double dipping.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:36 PM   #890
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
No, not at all. You can very well enjoy The Abnett Omni on its own. I'm just saying that War of The Kings Omnibuses will have all 25 issues of the same run so it's pointless to get The Abnett Omni, if you get War of The Kings Omnibuses. Just needless double dipping.

I see that the 25 issues are scattered throughout the 3 or 4 omnibi. I just saw the set list for War of Kings. LOTS of different titles there. I wonder how consistent the writing is with so many different writers at the helm.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote